Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 07-04-2020, 05:22 PM

Janus will become famous soon enoughJanus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoLogic View Post
I need to get a court order to force the sale of the house, or simply list the house on the market.
Yup. Go get it.

Quote:
I know what's going to happen next. Every other issue we agreed on (pension, child support, etc.) is going to be off-the-table, and I'm going to have to litigate for something that was previously agreed on.
I remember we had a poster once who came in and said something along the lines of "we had agreed to everything except child custody".

Yeah, that means you agreed to nothing.

The house is a MASSIVE item. If you have not agreed on the house, then you haven't really agreed on anything. She potentially made some concessions on child support and the pension with the understanding that she was getting the house for $650k. There is no reason for her to stand by those concessions now that the house is getting yanked from her.

You are effectively saying "ok, let's take that agreement but you owe me an extra $50,000". Expecting that to be drama-free is a little silly.