Understanding OCL Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding OCL Recommendations?

I had a Disclosure meeting with the OCL. They gave out their recommendations.

My current non Court Ordered or Court registered Agreement Custody is as follows,

He and She shall have Joint Custody of the Child. The Child shall primarily reside with Her, and He shall have Liberal Access upon reasonable notice to include;

alternate weekends- end of school Friday until Sunday at 5pm.

Every Monday after school until 7pm.

OCL Recommendation;

Joint Custody, Primarily resides with Her, Alternating weekends after school Friday until Monday till 7pm. Every Wednesday overnight to drop off at school on Thursday and Every Monday after school until 7pm.

Unless I am calculating this wrong its seems to be 50/50 but why not call it shared equal parenting? Why is She still primary residency if its 50/50. When the assessor disclosed their findings, there were no issues at all for both parties and the child enjoys both homes . Very positive feedback from assessor for both of us.

We tried to settle our differences with assessor but failed to do so. Now its back to court.

Please any feedback is appreciated.

Not seeing 50/50, seems like a confusing and broken up kind of schedule for the child. What's the child's age?

I don't like talk of primary residence, at all.

OCL is making a recommendation. It's up to you in court to prove how your child benefits from your particular parenting plan. With a good plan and evidence, you work on building your case for the court. It's not the OCL that decides, it's the court/law.

Comment

I count 7 out of 14 nights as well. Wonder why he wouldn't offer a 5-2-2 schedule as that would allow each you to secure specific days to participate in things with child.

Comment

I found it odd as well. The assessor asked several times " what if you don't get week on week off access. What would you want to see other then that." And I stated 5-2-2 split.

Either way , the over all recommendation was in my favour which is awesome. The assessor had a lot of positive things to say about my parenting and that there are no concerns. I guess I'm just gonna have to ask the judge to change the verbiage .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can someone tell me if I can include the OCL Recommendation in my Updated Settlement Brief ?

Comment

It looks pretty clear to me that the assessor is tiptoeing as close as possible to the 40% mark (in terms of overnights), but doesn't dare step over it.

Agreed - it is an overly fractured schedule - after Mom's weekend the kid gets picked up by Dad (Monday), then brought back to mom in evening, then pick up by Mom (Tues), then pick up by Dad (Weds), them pick up by Mom (Thurs), then pickup by Dad (Fri) for weekend ... crazy. I think it would be better for kiddo to have a more consolidated schedule, like what you proposed.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X