Coming back to haunt me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming back to haunt me

Hello fellow ODF'ers. I hope all is well with all of you. I haven't been on much lately but something happened recently and I felt the need to post.

This summer I decided to pick up some more work to help add more cashola to D6's savings account. I've worked in group homes for many years and this particular organization sparked my interest. (Those who know me know that I have an innate passion for working with the developmentally delayed population).

Anyways, I went and submitted my bloodwork, my vulnerable sector check (which obviously had nothing wrong with it, etc. I also signed a level 1 CAS check.

I received a call today saying that there was a flag by my name from the CAS check, that I had to go sign for the next, more in-depth check. The dates matched the ones when OCL and my ex teamed up on me. If you all remember, I gave my daughter a bath because she was dirty, sweaty and .. well .. asked for one. (I had given my daughters baths 2-3 times/week prior to her being abducted). Long story short, my access was taken away as OCL called CAS saying that my daughter spoke of a "shark" in the water (later I showed the CAS worker the actual toy shark that we've had for years that she played with in the bath.

Long story short, the police refused to even investigate since it was a high conflict case and no evidence and CAS cleared my name after a thorough investigation with me and D6.

I'll never forget my motion judge .. I loved him. He said he found it absolutely ludicrous that these allegations were made and that he himself bathes his daughters. Yes OCL loony .. men bathe their daughters too. When I received the call all of that trauma flooded back. My heart was in my throat and I felt like I was going to vomit.

I know my subsequent step is to contact CAS and see how I can get this ridiculous flag lifted. I will also bring in the letter I still have of CAS closing the file. But what about this father-hating OCL lady. Do they really get away with this stuff scott free? Is it really going to affect my employment and earning capacity? I would love to see her sued.

Sorry, kind of a rant while also seeking advice.

I hope everyone's summer is going great.

LF32 (36 now .. geez)
    Last edited by LovingFather32; 08-01-2017, 10:31 PM. Reason: underlined and bolded "I'd love to see her sued"

Perhaps get the transcripts (when judge stated accusations were ludicrous)?

Yes, find out specifically what "flag" beside your name is all about and how you can have it erased permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
      Perhaps get the transcripts (when judge stated accusations were ludicrous)?

Yes, find out specifically what "flag" beside your name is all about and how you can have it erased permanently.
      Arabian .. miss you. I still have the transcripts. If you recall it was "gold" for my case. I'll call CAS tomorrow to get to the bottom of this crap. It's weird because my Vulnerable sector check was perfect .. and that's pretty in depth itself. This OCL lady shouldn't really have a job.

Comment

I would contact CAS and see what could be done. I would file a complaint about the OCL lady about how her false allegations effected your employment.I think OCL social workers are protected from being sued.

Comment

Originally posted by trinton View Post
          I would contact CAS and see what could be done. I would file a complaint about the OCL lady about how her false allegations effected your employment.I think OCL social workers are protected from being sued.
          Again, bad advice but I'm not surprised. Yes Trinton you would indeed file a complaint without any information or corroborating facts... but then I see you're now an expert on social workers.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
            Arabian .. miss you. I still have the transcripts. If you recall it was "gold" for my case. I'll call CAS tomorrow to get to the bottom of this crap. It's weird because my Vulnerable sector check was perfect .. and that's pretty in depth itself. This OCL lady shouldn't really have a job.

Of course I know you will get the facts before you act. Perhaps it is just a matter of the flag being a notation on your file of an inquiry. Taking a non-combative approach at this stage is a good thing I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
              Again, bad advice but I'm not surprised. Yes Trinton you would indeed file a complaint without any information or corroborating facts... but then I see you're now an expert on social workers.
              Just to be clear, no one is giving any legal advise. I'm not and your most certainly not a lawyer who is authorised to provide legal advice. Logistics aside, what do you mean without information or corroborating facts? he's given you the information and the facts. Nobody said I'm an expert on social workers. I said I don't think. I never said you can't. Big difference. There is dictionary available to you on google.

Only a judge can be unfair and get away with it because they are the boss right? You have every right to complain when somebody does something wrong, and to their supervisors when they are not doing their job. Didn't you read the case that was posted here ( By ai believe Tayken) where the mom complained about OCL worker that was rigging up the case against the mom and OCL assigned a different person to the case as a result? Which led to a report in moms favour? LF32 asked about suing the OCL and I shared my opinion that I would just file a complain if I was going to do that, but would call CAS first to see what could be done.

There is no issue with filing complaints when people are screwing things up, especially when there is no issue with calling the police or running to a women's shelter when you got complaints about your husband.

Comment

ummm Trinton I think one has to walk before they run. I see your reading comprehension is yet again deficient: LF32 very clearly stated that he is going to contact CAS to obtain information. You, on the other hand, jump the gun and are ready to fire with guns blazing without first obtaining information and, yes, FACTS.

Comment

I have never heard of such a check with CAS and never heard of any social service or educational employment requesting such a thing.

Can you provide a link to the details?

I would think that in an age of false reports, not much stock can be placed in the fact that you have a file with CAS. I ageee with Arabian that it likely just says you were a part of a closed case. No big deal and no suing needed.

Comment

Some files at CAS dont get closed properly and they come up as a flag on another matter. Just call them and have the follow up. This happened within my family decades ago and the worker just visited the house in question, talked to the people in question and closed the file. Dont stress. What they dont tell you is that you should always do a follow up to insure the files are closed. I have a friend who works at a different cas and said theres no harm in following up after a file is opened to make sure it is closed and filed away. They are so short staffed that they think something has been closed and in the end its still left open because of their lack of resources.

Comment

I can see that Trinton and Arabian are still super close pals. lol

I'm certainly not going in guns a blazing. I just still have a sour taste in my mouth about the dirtiness of the industry. I'm also not looking to sue anybody .. because I know I'd get nowhere. My research shows that it's next to impossible for professionals (such as OCL, psychologists, etc) to have any sort of consequences for reporting unfounded abuse, (even with no evidence). I suppose that's so that organizations arn't deterred from reporting any suspected abuse. I just hate the ones that "abuse" their power to try and wreck others lives.

Comment

What??

LF, do you even know what you post?

Your first post you edited to go back and bold and underline that you "would love to see her sued". Now you say you aren't looking to sue anybody.

You are making me dizzy.

Comment

Originally posted by SadAndTired View Post
                          What??

LF, do you even know what you post?

Your first post you edited to go back and bold and underline that you "would love to see her sued". Now you say you aren't looking to sue anybody.

You are making me dizzy.
                          There are lots of things I'd love to see happen. Doesn't mean I'm going to be the one to do them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
                            There are lots of things I'd love to see happen. Doesn't mean I'm going to be the one to do them.
                            Exactly Rioe .. thanks. Just S&T"s usual digs for no reason. S&T .. I knew exactly what I posted. Glad others understood. Might I recommend some gravol for your dizziness.
                            Last edited by LovingFather32; 08-03-2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

So? What did CAS say?

And can you provide the links to the Level 1 check you referenced?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X