This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temporary orders/final orders

Hi, I have posted hear on a few occassions( long distance dad who travels from
    B.C to Ontario) and have replied to questions that I have experience on.

I have a question at this time, we attended our SC in early December in Ontario
    and all the major issues have been put to final orders by consent, I self-rep for
    the first time and she has a lawyer.

Child support -final order, with a 33% reduction for travel costs. Although this
    only equates to a small part of travel expenses, my lawyer in B.C said that
    I am not guarenteed a reduction, so be pleased.

Custody- Sole custody to the mom, with a section of the family act ordered
    so I have input on all major issues(sec 20 ) but she has final say.

And my question, I have been paying 900.00 spousal support on a temp order. My ex parther is now working so with the Justices imput we agreed
    on a final order for 700.00 at for 36 months. Will the FR0 see the change from
    900.00 to 700.00 or will both spousal orders keep going to them? I did not ask
    the Justice to cancel to temp order in the heat of the moment, would he just do
    this automatically?

thanks all, The Raven(long distance dad)

You will need to make sure that the new order is filed with FRO to have the change reflected, and even then it will likely take them a while to get their act together.

Comment

Originally posted by NBDad View Post
      You will need to make sure that the new order is filed with FRO to have the change reflected, and even then it will likely take them a while to get their act together.
      yes it does, it took 3 months for them to input my order and i just kept on faxing them a copy of it. At least they had back dated it to the date of the order> just follow up weekly keep names, fax your copy to them u ntil they say they have it on file. I was told it took 30 days to have a fax inputted to the file. Meanwhile, the deduction notice went to my new employer within 5 days of the fax being sent

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X