Template for shared 50/50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template for shared 50/50

I am trying to send my Ex an offer to settle access and custody. Is there any templates I can use for 50 /50 shared custody. Any advice will be helpful

@swg1.....

Checkout the posts from the member 'baldclub in the thread below. It has contents you can words into your offer to settle

50/50 shared custody parenting schedule

Comment

I recommend you put your template in a chart and wording. Often times I find the wording is ambiguous or difficult to understand. Having a visual I find is very helpful. Also allows for easy comparison.

Comment

I recommend you put your template in a chart and wording. Often times I find the wording is ambiguous or difficult to understand.
        You have an example then that show what you speak of, that can better help the OP?

Comment

Originally posted by FWB View Post
          @swg1.....

Checkout the posts from the member 'baldclub in the thread below. It has contents you can words into your offer to settle

50/50 shared custody parenting schedule
          This is just like finding a nugget of Gold.

Comment

Look at his parenting plan PDF, it has a template that you can chart out:

Your Social Worker - Gary Direnfeld, MSW, RSW - Parenting Plan

Comment

This is just like finding a nugget of Gold.
              You are welcome mate....

We are all in the same boat, and helping each other out is what it is all about, as opposed to kicking, screaming , etc.

I could have just said "go check the archives", but what good is that to you right? If especially I have come across the info in the past

Comment

also see my posts (can't find it right now)
                Which has three possible equal shared parenting arrangements.

Comment

Here it is.
                  http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...tml#post159527

Note there are no borders but the table is there.
                  Look under Access
                  Just format it in word as a table.

Comment

Awesome information and help. I really appreciate all of your guidance.

Before I send the Ex the proposal for shared custody and parenting do I put down anything about offset child support, or does that just automatically happen with shared custody and parenting.

Comment

Doesn`t automatically happen it`s better to simply state the following

Child support will be determined each year, under Section 9 of the child support guidelines.

Comment

@sgw1.....

You are welcome matey. Like I said before, we are all in the same boat

For your Child Support wording, and Tax Exempt...tweak the below to suit your situation. This is coming from my Separation agreement

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> CHILD SUPPORT

10. Given the equal length of time the child will spend in each parent's home, the Applicant disclosed total income of $xxx,000 in his 20xx notice of assessment and the Respondent's disclosed total income of $xxx,000 in her 20xx notice of assessment, and with both parties paying each other the table amount, the Applicant shall pay the Respondent the offset amount of $xxx per month commencing on the first of each month, pursuant to Section 9 of the Federal Child Support Guidelines.

i. The Federal Child Support Guidelines amount for the Applicants' 20xx reported income of $xxx,000 for one child is $xxx.00 per month.

ii. The Federal Child Support Guidelines amount for the Respondents' 20xx reported income of $xxx,000 for one child is $xxx.000 per month.

iii. The Applicant and Respondent will share equal time with the child.

iv. A straight off-set would see the Applicant paying the Respondent $xxx.00 per month. ($xxx.000 - $xxx.000 = $xxx.000)

Payments will continue until the child is emancipated (once at the age of maturity (18) and not in post secondary or away from the home studying, travelling), the parent collecting child support is deceased. (more caveats can be added to this)

TAX EXEMPT

10. Both parties agree that they shall be entitled to the dependency exemption for the child on alternating years. The mother will file for the exemption on even-numbered tax years and the father on odd-numbered tax years.

This wording also come in handy when it comes time to deal with CRA. It shows CS going in both directions, as opposed to just saying....."party A/Part B wil pay CS to x,y or z
                        <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
                        Last edited by FWB; 01-07-2014, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X