This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm for Kids Bedroom Door?

Does anyone know of a device that I could purchase that would alert me if someone is entering my childs bedroom? I haven't had a baby monitor in years and I don't know if they now have this feature now.

My oldest is constantly waking up my youngest by sneaking into his room and talking to him and keeping him awake at night. I am a heavy sleeper and do not always hear when this is going on. I have been looking for a device that can sense when someone crosses the threshold of a doorway and then sends an alarm to the receiver in my room.

Sorry, I know this is a pretty specific thing I am looking for but any ideas would help.

Thanks

When my kids were younger, I had those 'alarm' things, mounted on my patio door, just to make sure some groggy toddler didn't open it, and step outside.

You could mount them anywhere, and they just took little batteries to power. They would "screech" if the contact was broken (opening a door).

Not sure that is what you're looking for, or not.

Some "baby monitors" these days, do have motion detectors. Hang some "jingle bells" on your kids door? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
      When my kids were younger, I had those 'alarm' things, mounted on my patio door, just to make sure some groggy toddler didn't open it, and step outside.

You could mount them anywhere, and they just took little batteries to power. They would "screech" if the contact was broken (opening a door).

Not sure that is what you're looking for, or not.

Some "baby monitors" these days, do have motion detectors. Hang some "jingle bells" on your kids door? :-)
      You would have to mess with the speaker/beeper - they are way too loud probably for what you want.

Comment

Yeah, very likely... but maybe, he's a "really" heavy sleeper. :-)

Comment

It would likely wake his other kid up though anyway. grin.

Comment

There are wireless units that will set off an alarm when the bedroom door is opened for 20 to 30 dollars. I had something similar that turned my bedroom light on if the door was opened.

Comment

Dollar store has a thing for a window and it's really loud. Yes it will wake everyone up, but your son will then know what will happen if he does it again. And likely won't.

When I was a child, I liked to go down stairs. My parent bought a device that hung on the door knob, when the door handle turned it went off.

Me being the problem solver I was as a child, decided that I would then use the window.
              2nd floor out window (3rd floor in back of house) and on top kitchen roof, jump down to 1st floor balcony (2nd floor in back of house) and then jump down to ground in back into basement sliding doors.

I was a pretty good escape artist. Now I have two girls, I'm sure there will be some payback. LOL

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X