Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel question

Opinions needed please:

In 2020, I have a different week holidays from the normal Ontario March break my kids have (it’s 2 weeks before).
    My holiday time is inflexible.
    According to the schedule, my ex ends up having the kids for most of the week I am off and I end up having them during their break (when I am working and he’s off).
    I have proposed an offer whereby we alter the schedule to allow me my week break to travel south (they would miss school) and in exchange I give him the whole March break to do with them what he pleases.
    He has rejected this offer saying he doesn’t want the kids missing school.
    I am really desperate to make this trip happen because it is my parents’ 50th wedding anniversary and the whole family is planning to meet and celebrate in the Caribbean. They all want to book and are waiting on me.
    What recourse do I have now that he has rejected my proposal?
    Is this something the court could grant quickly with a motion? I am thinking given the reasoning (family event) and the fact that I’m offering a fair and equitable deal for him that a judge would probably grant it?...

Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When do you see a judge again?

Comment

Not until after the winter. Like maybe next summer. VOC stuff will happen in the next few months with promise that a date to set a trial management conference will be happening by April 1st. So seeing a judge would likely happen a few months after that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Based on how your ex behaves, this my require an emergency motion. You may need to advise him that you are filing it and will seek costs.

Comment

This is what I hate about high conflict separation/divorces. Normal people would say “Sure, no problem, have a great time!”. Offering extensions of niceness knowing it’s enriching the kids life. Knowing that perhaps one day the shoe may be on the other foot and he would like a favour for his time with the kids. Instead he is just creating headaches to be difficult. Looks and acts like a jerk just to cause problems.

Reminds me of the time my whole extended family sat down to a birthday celebration dinner at 4pm because my STBX wouldn’t grant an extension to my parenting time, where we would normally eat at 5pm or 5:30pm. Thanks for that... normal people would say “Have a wonderful birthday dinner, try not to be too too late.”

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X