Steps after filing a Motion to Change 15/15A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steps after filing a Motion to Change 15/15A

Hi guys just looking for someone of you to clarify the steps...

I filed a motion to change 15/15A/... and I got a court date I did this on the court...

Then my ex served me with the 15B to answer my previous motion But she didn't get a court date...Do we attend with both sides of the stories on the court date assigned to me when I filed the motions?

If in the response to my motion that she files is false information do I have to answer to them with another 15B or I wait until the court date to expose my case ?

Your first date will be to set a date for a conference. Depending on that you will file an additional brief.

She can put whatever she wants in her response, she has to PROVE IT.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
      Your first date will be to set a date for a conference. Depending on that you will file an additional brief.

She can put whatever she wants in her response, she has to PROVE IT.
      Thank you ! soo much so I dont need to file anything...Because of couse she files false information...so I need to compile evidence to be ready

Comment

You are the moving party so you just need to prove what is in your document. She has to prove her statements and their relevance.

For instance, my partners ex filed a MTC for cs update and school expenses. Her documents were filled with long winded statements and accusations. She also interpreted their agreement how she saw fit. His response was basically here is proof of my income, here is what was supposed to be paid, here is what I paid.

They just went through a motion for disclosure where she demanded a list of things she wasnt entitled to and made false claims in her materials as the reason why she should have it.

The judge laid out that old news in the affidavit/brief is irrelevant and unhelpful for resolution. That she needed facts to back up her requests and that the bottom line is the disagreement on what the law says. My partner and his lawyer are hopeful it got through to her before their sc which will focus entirely on school expenses and cs. Everything else is moot.

Bottom line, stick to facts. Judges see unreasonable people daily. If you are following your agreement and the law, point that out briefly.

Comment

Thank you Sir

You are the moving party so you just need to prove what is in your document. She has to prove her statements and their relevance.

For instance, my partners ex filed a MTC for cs update and school expenses. Her documents were filled with long winded statements and accusations. She also interpreted their agreement how she saw fit. His response was basically here is proof of my income, here is what was supposed to be paid, here is what I paid.

They just went through a motion for disclosure where she demanded a list of things she wasnt entitled to and made false claims in her materials as the reason why she should have it.

The judge laid out that old news in the affidavit/brief is irrelevant and unhelpful for resolution. That she needed facts to back up her requests and that the bottom line is the disagreement on what the law says. My partner and his lawyer are hopeful it got through to her before their sc which will focus entirely on school expenses and cs. Everything else is moot.

Bottom line, stick to facts. Judges see unreasonable people daily. If you are following your agreement and the law, point that out briefly.

Comment

Originally posted by sprdad View Post
            Thank you Sir

Im a woman but you’re welcome!

Comment

Im a woman but you’re welcome!
              Sorry about that ma'm

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X