Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feel forced to sign a Draft Consent Order (I don't Consent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called repeatedly and texted and got nothing in reply. How can someone just up and deny all communications between a father and child. I haven't seen her in a week. We had a good week the previous week. I called her, texted her and called, emailed and texted her mother. It is very upsetting.

Comment

You will be obligated to pay a share of child care regardless if she was supposed to graduate or not. I would reinstate your payment for same.

Comment

What else I don't understand is how you feel forced?

You had representation. Anyone looking in will say if you didn't agree then you should have challenged/corrected the draft order in the appropriate timeline...

If your lawyer wasn't working for you well, then you replace the lawyer or go out on your own....

I'm not trying to be antagonistic at all. But if you start with a broken starting point, the rest will turn to crap in no time. It will also discredit you in front of a judge. Be forewarned if you decide to pursue this stance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovemykids View Post
          I called repeatedly and texted and got nothing in reply. How can someone just up and deny all communications between a father and child. I haven't seen her in a week. We had a good week the previous week. I called her, texted her and called, emailed and texted her mother. It is very upsetting.
          how old is the child??

Comment

Sorry. Got sidelined. The child is a teenager, 15 years. If she wants to stay with her mom. I am good with that, but the proper way to do that would be to go to court first rather then keep her while I am picking up the other kids. Really felt her absence at the dinner table and it did affect the other children. I am thinking of making an ex parte motion for leave to make a contempt motion. Good / bad?

I am afraid that she will keep my other children. She sent me a message the day after keeping my daughter suggesting that it was in retaliation of the hurt I caused for ending the marriage. It tears at the soul. I contacted a social worker and sent my daughter her number. I hope they can get in touch. Also my ex had cut off all my access of her. It took a few days to talk to her. My ex was hovering and took the phone when my daughter got upset. She said I couldn't talk to her if I was going to get her upset when I was telling her I am not mad, she is caught between two worlds. I wanted her to know I am and was thankful for all the moments we had together this past year- my ex sees this as manipulation instead of a father who loves his daughter. I never wanted to see my children hurt in this way. I want to be more conscious of the problems I too may be causing so I am talking to a social worker to help me figure that out.

This goes back to this consent order. I consented to access (50/50), custody (joint) and child support. I still don't consent to her receiving the CCTB despite what my lawyer may have negotiated, which I have no way of knowing because he was discharged prior to the draft being sent over from her lawyer (two months after it was originally negotiated). The draft consent order is only in affect for another two weeks anyways and I am still in disbelief she is still threatening to take it before a judge to have it enforced with what she says solicitor/client rates. It is such a complex situation. I asked for more time, now I have until friday. Can a judge order who will receive the CCTB?

Serene- ref "Anyone looking in will say if you didn't agree then you should have challenged/corrected the draft order in the appropriate timeline..."

My lawyer was on record for two months after it was negotiated. Her lawyer was late getting it to me for review and after I had discharged my lawyer so it is impossible for me now to ask her to review it as only she knows the details. I have to pay more lawyer $4K before she will get involved again.

Help!!!!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X