This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• notification of court action

hey..new here..seached as much of the forums and haven't come up with an answer to this question...
    I have run into this before in my own personal experience and now my hubby has come up against it.His ex-wife started a court action in Nova Scotia.We live in Alberta.At this time I do not know when she filed the affadavit,but on Dec. 18,we checked the mail and in it was a document from the family court containing an interim order.Apparently there was a date set in family court on Dec.2,and my hubby recieved no notification,was NOT served papers from the court...so you know what happened..she went in,he was not there and the judge said here you go, everything on your affadavit you want,you have.In the mean time,he is in constant contact with his children,phone,Skype,messenger,you name it,and was talking to his ex on the phone certainly after she submitted the affadavit and she DID NOT mention one word that she had taken action..now ,i also have a sneaky feeling that there was less than 30 days between the intake date and the court date,leaving little time for notification.She had asked him for his address early in december,but he didn't think much of it...now we know why.When his mother dropped off the last support amount she said"is that all?" and did not clarify...she had plenty of opportunity to inform her ex that she was initiating this action.Now, we all know the morality of what she has done,but does she have an obligation to inform him that she has named him as a respondant in a court action?We also think that she lied because she did not ask for an address until december...after the court date, which leads us to suspect that she told the court that she could not get a hold of him,which is plainly untrue.There is another date set for January 25,in which the court wants hubby to submit financial documents...is this the underhanded,sneaky mess I think it is???some advice would be greatly appreciated.
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X