This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my sister and new brother in law need help

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I would like to get some help for my sister. My sister has been in a comman law relationship for the past 3 years. Her fiance is in a on going battle with his ex. He has 3 children and has faithfully been paying his child support every week to the ex. Now the ex wants spousal support. She wants my sister to provide her financial records to her so she can get more money. Does my sister have to provide her financial statements to her? My sister only works part time. The ex wife has truly been a pain. She has been offered so much money already and she keeps wanting to drag this on. She is representing herself and wants to go to supreme court. My sister and her fiance don't have alot of money and their relationship has become very strained due to the ex's demands. Can anyone help?

we need more information like when he and the ex were divorced(?) If the divorce is on going then that weakens his postion a bit. If they have been divorced for while then she has shown she can be self supporting with him paying just CS and no SS.

Your sister does not have to provide any documents. All the ex is doing is applying the pressure to see if she can make your sisters relationship crack.

Comment

well they have been together now for 3 years and he has been tryin to divorce the ex for 3 years. The ex keeps coming up with new things to throw at him. He is self employed and has 3 kids with her. Also his lawyer is agreeing to almost everything the ex wants. She is representing herself and wants to go to supreme court.

Comment

Originally posted by helping sister View Post
        well they have been together now for 3 years and he has been tryin to divorce the ex for 3 years. The ex keeps coming up with new things to throw at him. He is self employed and has 3 kids with her. Also his lawyer is agreeing to almost everything the ex wants. She is representing herself and wants to go to supreme court.
        I would be looking for a new lawyer if I was him or maybe try to self-represent himself. His lawyer seems to be more on her side and that is not working in his clients best interest.

Comment

What do you mean 'she wants to go to the supreme court'?

Who wants to go to court?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X