This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custody of a Teenager

I am hoping someone can offer some advice. My step-daughter came to live with us May 15th after living with her mother who had ful custody. She could not handle the drama and fighting at her mother's any longer. So far the mother has not replied to any of the court papers and our motion is set for Monday. My question is how important is it that we have my step-daughter appear in court to tell the judge what she wants? Court is on her birthday and she really really doesn't want to go. Should we get her to write a letter in her handwriting and have it with us in case we need it? There is talk that her mother may show up for the motion but we doubt it because we live 8 hours away and she doesn't drive. It may go through uncontested but I want to be prepared just in case she shows.

Thank You!!!

Step Daughter

Being that the "child" is 15 years old, it would be very advantageous to you to have her tell the judge directly that she chooses to live with you and your husband. Unfortunately, her indecisiveness with the matter indicates that she may be just playing head games with you by not acting responsibly in this particular situation.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X