This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settlement Conf and Financial Productions

Had a case conference in Jan, ex hadn’t yet given financial productions and agreed to do it on consent so there was no order as we thought he was going to produce them. Settlement conf was scheduled for May. By March, he still didn’t disclose productions.

Anyway, my lawyer went to court in April to ask for adjournment of settlement conference cuz ex didn’t give productions and judge agreed S/C would be pointless until productions were disclosed. Judge ordered adjournment to Aug and ordered ex to produce financial productions within 10 days. A few days after the April motion, ex requests an adjournment for the Aug scheduled SC (he had already booked a vacation to France), I agreed, and SC is now scheduled for Nov.

The Problem is…it’s now Sept, almost 6 months after he was ordered to give productions and he STILL has not given his productions. My lawyer has sent a couple of letters…no response.

Does anyone have a similar story and can share what was done in your case? My lawyer said we could file a contempt motion but I don’t wanna do that cuz it’s just gonna cost me more $$. Plus, from what I read in these forums, it has to be pretty serious for a contempt motion and not sure if it would qualify…would it? So, what are my options?

What happens if we just go to the Settlement Conference anyway and he still hasn’t given his productions. Will the settlement conference proceed (how can it if he hasn’t submitted yet what he was supposed to) or will it just be re-scheduled? And will there be any consequences for him not following the order or does that HAVE to be done by contempt motion?

Sorry, I know this post is all over the place. I’m truly dazed and confused by all this…The funniest part is that HE is the one who filed the application and yet now he seems to be dragging his heels…I just don’t get it.

Thanks in advace for your help.

File contempt, ask for costs. (ie. he pays your lawyer fees for the contempt filing) and for him to produce within 10 days.

Every time you go to court after that where he has NOT produced his financials, rinse and repeat. Adjourn anything that has to do with the financial aspect due to non disclosure, request costs for him wasting the courts time, etc.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X