Married years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married years

I’m curious. If I was married 9 years and 4 months would it be rounded off to married 10 years? It makes a difference when calculating SS and Child support. Most places I have attended say 10 years. Just seems strange to me.

If it makes a difference then they should not be rounding up and you have a valid argument. If anything they should be rounding down not up as you have only four months not six or more!

Comment

That’s what I would think. I will be talking to my lawyer about that. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Divorcemate, which is the software normally used to make support calculations, permits one to enter any number of decimal places for the length of the relationship - e.g. 9.33 years.
        Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Thank you Jeff for pointed that out to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
            Divorcemate, which is the software normally used to make support calculations, permits one to enter any number of decimal places for the length of the relationship - e.g. 9.33 years.
            The question is, does Divorcemate use the number 9.33 in calculations, or does it round the number internally?

They might allow unlimited decimals as input, but might not use all those decimals.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X