This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contempt charges

My ex was ordered to provide financial docs by a certain date. The date is long past, and the docs still haven't been provided. I am considering filing for Contempt... any advice?

Drag the ex back into court: a followup motion with stronger order requirements, and ask for costs for motion to be paid in 28 days. And keep doing it. Contempt is not handed out quickly nor easily, so don't bother with it yet.

Comment

Wish me luck.

Comment

I agree with fieldgrey-I was advised to include a statement about how all legal costs would be requested to be paid as well if it needed to go back to court

Comment

Yup... and ask for your lost wages for having to get all that done. I was awarded that too when my ex was dragging his heels with his full financial disclosure.

Comment

What? There's hope? Today I was so frustrated. I have handed over every document requested, and yet he won't turn over any of his.

Anyone else have trouble getting financial docs??

Comment

Originally posted by High Road View Post
              What? There's hope? Today I was so frustrated. I have handed over every document requested, and yet he won't turn over any of his.

Anyone else have trouble getting financial docs??
              Hi,

Financial disclosure is a huge issue in most matrimonial lawsuits. The door swings both ways and it is required under the rules for both parties to the lawsuit.

An alternative is to issue a Form 20 (Request for Information) with notice that if not provided the details on your request that you will seek an order for questioning or a motion.

The one thing so many people seem to do is lie in their financial disclosure. Never do this as financial evidence is the easiest to get and prove. A court will order disclosure.

Failing to provide full financial disclosure is not looked upon well by the court.

Good luck!
              Tayken

Comment

Tayken, thanks so much. My ex just will not disclose... it's going to be a fight for sure!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X