X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

A kid's view on marriage

What Exactly Is Marriage?

"Marriage is when you get to keep your girl and don't have to give her back to her parents" -Eric, six years old

"When somebody's been dating for a while, the boy might propose to the girl. He says to her, 'I'll take you for a whole life, or at least until we have kids and get divorced, but you got to do one particular thing for me.' Then she says yes, but she's wondering what the thing is and whether it's naughty or not. She can't wait to find out." -Anita, nine years old

How Does a Person Decide Whom to marry?

"You flip a nickel, and heads means you stay with him and tails means you try the next one." -Kelly, nine years old

"My mother says to look for a man who is kind....That's what I'll do....I'll find somebody who's kinda tall and handsome." -Carolyn, eight years old

Concerning the Proper Age to Get Married

"Once I'm done with kindergarten, I'm going to find me a wife" -Bert, five years old

How Did Your Mom and Dad Meet?

"They were at a dance party at a friend's house. Then they went for a drive, but their car broke down...It was a good thing, because it gave them a chance to find out about their values." -Lottie, nine years old

"My father was doing some strange chores for my mother. They won't tell me what kind." -Jeremy, eight years old

What Do Most People Do on a Date?

"On the first date, they just tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date." -Martin, ten years old

"Many daters just eat pork chops and french fries and talk about love." -Craig, nine years old

When Is It Okay to Kiss Someone?

"You should never kiss a girl unless you have enough bucks to buy her a ring and her own VCR, 'cause she'll want to have videos of the wedding." -Allan, ten years old

"Never kiss in front of other people. It's a big embarrassing thing if anybody sees you....If nobody sees you, I might be willing to try it with a handsome boy, but just for a few hours." -Kally, nine years old

The Great Debate: Is It Better to Be Single or Married?

"You should ask the people who read Cosmopolitan" -Kirsten, ten years old

"It's better for girls to be single but not for boys. Boys need somebody to clean up after them" -Anita, nine years old

"It gives me a headache to think about that stuff. I'm just a kid. I don't need that kind of trouble." -Will, seven years old

Comment

Originally posted by KeepSmiling View Post
        A kid's view on marriage

What Exactly Is Marriage?

"Marriage is when you get to keep your girl and don't have to give her back to her parents" -Eric, six years old

"When somebody's been dating for a while, the boy might propose to the girl. He says to her, 'I'll take you for a whole life, or at least until we have kids and get divorced, but you got to do one particular thing for me.' Then she says yes, but she's wondering what the thing is and whether it's naughty or not. She can't wait to find out." -Anita, nine years old

How Does a Person Decide Whom to marry?

"You flip a nickel, and heads means you stay with him and tails means you try the next one." -Kelly, nine years old

"My mother says to look for a man who is kind....That's what I'll do....I'll find somebody who's kinda tall and handsome." -Carolyn, eight years old

Concerning the Proper Age to Get Married

"Once I'm done with kindergarten, I'm going to find me a wife" -Bert, five years old

How Did Your Mom and Dad Meet?

"They were at a dance party at a friend's house. Then they went for a drive, but their car broke down...It was a good thing, because it gave them a chance to find out about their values." -Lottie, nine years old

"My father was doing some strange chores for my mother. They won't tell me what kind." -Jeremy, eight years old

What Do Most People Do on a Date?

"On the first date, they just tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date." -Martin, ten years old

"Many daters just eat pork chops and french fries and talk about love." -Craig, nine years old

When Is It Okay to Kiss Someone?

"You should never kiss a girl unless you have enough bucks to buy her a ring and her own VCR, 'cause she'll want to have videos of the wedding." -Allan, ten years old

"Never kiss in front of other people. It's a big embarrassing thing if anybody sees you....If nobody sees you, I might be willing to try it with a handsome boy, but just for a few hours." -Kally, nine years old

The Great Debate: Is It Better to Be Single or Married?

"You should ask the people who read Cosmopolitan" -Kirsten, ten years old

"It's better for girls to be single but not for boys. Boys need somebody to clean up after them" -Anita, nine years old

"It gives me a headache to think about that stuff. I'm just a kid. I don't need that kind of trouble." -Will, seven years old

Roflmfao!!! They really need a like button here

Comment

After nineteen years together, 10 and half of those married, my wife tells me one Saturday morning that she is leaving, with no discussion or warning signs. Either I was in complete denial or just stupid, but other than her being so absorbed in her work she had no time for us for the past two years, I did not see anything coming.
          At this point I don't feel I will ever be able to trust anyone again let alone think about a relationship or marriage. She was my life and she took that all away without so much as a discussion before or explanation since.

Comment

KeepSmiling thanks for posting that. It made me chuckle. I especially liked 7yr old Wills statement

Kids are the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Pink View Post
              Kids are the best!
              ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

They give you a whole new way of looking at things, don't they

Comment

I would have to say "never again" to marriage and children.

I love the two children I have dearly and would do anything for them. They are the one and "only" positive outcome of the marriage.

But I wouldn't ever consider getting married again. That is not to say I wouldn't want to date lots of different people or even have a relationship with someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
                  At 50, add Viagara, rinse and repeat.

Comment

If need be and rather than synthetic, horny goat weed, apparently is the way to go for a natural aphrodisiac. Available in most health food stores ...

Comment

This site and being a part of this sort of thing is new to me. I dont know where else to turn, so , I am looking for advice. My first marriage ended after 13 years, and I have two children that I take care of, shared custody, full supoprt etc. A new relationship blinded me, and I am now single, and she is preventing me access to my 8 month old Son. She dictates the times, days, and hours that I am able to see him. I have no say, and when I try she tells me that it's what I have to take. I cannot afford a lawyer, and she has walked out of Mediation as she felt "threatened and bullied" when she had to consider putting together a schedule "Jointly".
                      I need some advise because my other children love their brother, and I love him, and want more time than what she is allowing.
                      Looking for some advice, assistance. I am not sure if I am going about posting this the proper way.

Comment

I'm not saying your not capable of looking after your EIGHT month old; but really it appears Mom wants to do that and has, and is established. Your child has no clue about time and won't have until they are well into elementary school. Just ensure your child's access is sufficient to promote and foster a relationship and could include some sort of graduation as they age and leave the issue of custody open. Patience is a virtue.

Comment

lilspinx, I completely disagree. The mother is establishing a status quo that will be nearly impossible to change unless he begins now.

She is acting in an unco-operative fashion and shows no interest in the father fostering an equal relationship with the child. The onus is on her to show valid reasons for this. She is not just magically going to change her ways in several years, and the child is not going to magically bond with the dad after years of haphazard access.

"it appears Mom wants to do that" is not a good enough reason for her to receive default custody and control.

Comment

Originally posted by dadtotheend View Post
                            At 50, add Viagara, rinse and repeat.

I much prefer the non-serious light-hearted twist this thread took.

Comment

... ... lol ... ...

Comment

I have moved on and married the woman I should have married so many years ago. My Ex on the other hand says she has moved on yet she still wants to see me poor and struggling just to eat. "HELL HATH NO FURRY LIKE A WOMAN SCORNED".
                                My only concern is that it is now starting to get to my wife. My wife went through divorce herself and she did it without any kind of support from her ex-scumbag. All she see's is my Ex constantly asking for the world from not just me but everyone she knows. You would swear that my Ex is the first single mother in history.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X