This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Mothers Day

When I was married I was never given any time to celebrate Mothers Day with my daughter. The day was hijacked by my ex who "insisted" that the morning be spent visiting his best friend's mother and grandmother and the rest of the day was spent with his own mother. I was given very little choice about how I wanted to spend Mothers Day. I remember once asking if I could just spend an hour at Chapters with our daughter. It just made him angry and he became enraged. He started yelling and screaming at me in front of our baby. I remember we were at a gas station at the time and having this awful feeling that I had no choice in the matter.

We have been seperated for five years now and tomorrow (like the last four years) I will get to spend Mothers Day with the children. I will be celebrating freedom. The freedom to spend that time with the children without fear.

Happy Mothers Day

Nadia

Happy Mother's Day Nadia. Freedom is not free, but it IS great to celebrate. I too had dates "hijacked" - seems so odd to me now when I look back, at the things I so blindly went along with, to keep the peace (or whatever).

Comment

Happy Mothers Day to you both, as well as to every other mom and father on this forum. In a lot of cases, dads are playing both roles, especially for those moms that are 'off' !

And a very happy to Tori Stafford's mom and dad...Especially to her father who has been front and center in the media from Day 1 of her loss. His smile is priceless and brought me to tears yesterday !

Comment

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms on the forum; a nice touch Nadia It falls on an access weekend for us this year and my little guys will be home early tomorrow morning. I'm celebrating by taking them to get new bikes and cannot wait to do so!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X