This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form 8A - Technical Questions

Everything re: my divorce has been settled in court and a court order issued except the most important one - the actual divorce. To fix this, I'm filing a Form 8A.

Here are a few questions which hopefully should be easy to answer:

1) As we are both agreeing to this step, we're filing this as a joint application and indicating "divorce" as the only thing we are seeking under Claims. I am assuming here that I still reference the Court File Number of the previous case and list the Applicant and Respondant info accordingly. Is this correct?

2) Under "Previous Cases or Agreements", do I reference the court order on the other issues we've already resolved? If so, do I need to file an 8E? That will be a whole new slew of questions for you, so I'm hoping not!

3) For a simple divorce, do I leave the "Important Facts Supporting Our Claim" section blank?

4) As neither of us have a lawyer currently, can we skip the "Lawyer's Certificate" portion, or is this required?

Thanks in advance, everyone. Eager to get officially unmarrified

Form 8E (Summary) is no longer a requirement for a number of years. Attach true copy of the order or agreement to your 8A or as Exhibit to Affidavit to support.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X