Impact of income when Marrying a divorced man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact of income when Marrying a divorced man

I want to understand if there is any monetary impact to a man’s spousal support and child support payment duration and amount if he is married and have a new second family?

The man has 2 sons aged 13 and 16 in 2018.

He is in the middle of trying to settle the Divorce Settlement but has taken almost 4 years, and still has to go through another mediation, another court conference and another court motion in the next few months.

It’s a narcissist ex wife who destroys the relationship of him and his sons as well as doing everything to punish this man financially.

Will the new partner’s salary be counted in his future spousal support payment or child support payment?

What evil things can the narcissistic ex wife do in order to punish the man and his new partner financially ? Can she just force the salary of the new partner to be added in the calculation of spousal support?

Is there a possibility for the man and his new partner to sign a legal contract (co-habitation or pre-nup) anytime now to just keep both salaries separated and not combined into one?

WorryAnne

As far as I know (but I am not a lawyer) the only time income of both would be considered is if one was claiming "undue hardship" - in which case the total household income is considered (both Applicant and Respondent).

However, in response to any family law application in court one has to complete a financial statement (I believe it is form 13 and you can find it on the internet). Look over the form carefully, including the budget part, it does request all household income.

Matter in family law is between the two named parties. Hopefully new spouses keep their respective noses out of things and let the two individuals settle things.

BTW - you had better get used to the other side claiming what they are legally entitled to. Name-calling will get you nowhere. In fact, if you want the matter to end sooner rather than later, you'd probably be prudent to bite your tongue and not stir things up. Your partner has 13 and 18 year-old children. The mother of the children isn't going away anytime soon so perhaps you should zip it. You likely weren't present during the marriage and you are only hearing your partner's version of things (yes they do lie/exaggerate/forget things to garner sympathy).

Comment

You boyfriend choose this women to have child with, doesnt she deserve a little respect?

I wish women would stick together more instead of tearing each other apart.

You don't have to like her, but try not to bash. I agree with Arabian save yourself the stress and stay out of it.

Make a serene home for yourself and your partner with no drama and offer a soft place to fall for these children. If your full of hate for their Mom, this wont be the place they want to be.

Comment

Spouse income has nothing to do with child support unless hes claiming hardship. She can ask all she wants but it doesnt matter.

If his ss clause says it matters then it does. I know someone who has an old order that says his household income will impact ss.

Comment

I added a clause into our separation agreement that stated "if she begins to co-habitat with someone, then the spousal support is ends" Only freaking smart thing I did LOL

I do have a question. Can a person collect SS from more than one person? For example, could my ex collect SS from myself and from her new live in love interest if they were to separate? Only reason I ask is if this were allowed, then I would have to think that both salaries should be taken into account when calculating SS. Otherwise its double dipping!

Comment

Thank you all for the insights sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by WorryAnne View Post
              hs.

It’s a narcissist ex wife who destroys the relationship of him and his sons as well as doing everything to punish this man financially.

What evil things can the narcissistic ex wife do in order to punish the man and his new partner financially ?
              WorryAnne
              LMAO, you hate her so much, but it's her and her kids right to get all the support first. Get a second job.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X