Separation agreement not honored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separation agreement not honored

After a long and drawn out battle (she was being vindictive), my ex and I have finally signed a separation agreement. It seems now though that she is going to drag this out even further.
    One clause in the agreement was for them to file 14B motion on consent within 14 days. Not done. Her lawyer insinuated that he was waiting for my withdrawal form, which he has now. He also indicated that he would "now" carry out his responsibilities. That was over a week ago. We are now approaching 4 weeks since the agreement was signed.

I realize that this is not enough to bring in front of a judge yet, but I have no doubt they will delay at every opportunity they have. It's the way they beat me down until I just gave up, and they dragged it out so long, I couldn't afford a lawyer anymore. The next milestone is exchange of ITR/NOA (I've already provided mine). Once again I have no doubt she will delay.

This is not a court order yet, as they have yet to file the agreement.

My question, is there some point where, even without it being a court order, that I can file a motion to force them to execute their responsibilities. I won't bring frivolous stuff in front of a judge. I just want her to do the few things she agreed to. She's getting her monthly cheques and so on. Why is it that I'm expected to follow the agreement when she won't respect it?
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X