X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adopted

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

Adopted? I'm even more confused now - if the kids have been adopted (by whom?) then the woman you refer to as the birth mother is no longer a guardian or a legal parents to the kids. Why are they spending most of their time with her (they see Dad every other weekend?) and why is she making medical decisions for them, if they have been adopted by someone else?

Comment

I think the mom is bio-mom and dad adopted the child.

Comment

So it sounds like the kids live with Mom and see Dad(who adopted them?) and Dad's new wife (Stepmom?) every other weekend? In that case, "BM" or "birth-mother" or "bio-mother" doesn't seem right - Mom is the one and only mother.

Anyway, this is not essential to the subject of the post - just confusing.

Comment

Keeping in mind that the poster is writing about her spouse's ex, I merely assumed "BM" was an euphemism for bitch mother or bad-ass mother etc.

Comment

Lols! I assumed it was baby mama.

Comment

Oh my, sorry not adopted I was being sarcastic. She is the mother. Bm

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
                  First, to your verbiage: "bm" is a term used in adoption/ivf. Have the children been adopted or are they from donor egg?
                  In medical terms "BM" has a different short form... Which is very similar to the content of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                    Lols! I assumed it was baby mama.
                    I am thinking "BM" means something else... LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                      In medical terms "BM" has a different short form... Which is very similar to the content of this thread.
                      Good to see you back. Ignore the BS and stick around this time, BF.
                      Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

BM is a good double entendre

My son is 8 and has been on Melatonin every night for several years. It was prescribed by his doctor since he has autism and ADHD and was having sleeping disruptions. Additionally he is on two other medications to help with his issues.

For many people, having melatonin supplements help with their sleep patterns. My child has no issues or side effects from it and gets a good sleep from 8:30pm to 6:30am every night. He was taking a single pill, not sure of the exact MG, but it was the standard adult dose. Now is upped to 1.5 pills.

This is not an issue for social services.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingForFamily View Post
                          BM is a good double entendre

My son is 8 and has been on Melatonin every night for several years. It was prescribed by his doctor since he has autism and ADHD and was having sleeping disruptions. Additionally he is on two other medications to help with his issues.

For many people, having melatonin supplements help with their sleep patterns. My child has no issues or side effects from it and gets a good sleep from 8:30pm to 6:30am every night. He was taking a single pill, not sure of the exact MG, but it was the standard adult dose. Now is upped to 1.5 pills.

This is not an issue for social services.
                          I think that the important thing here is that you care enough, and demonstrate competent parenting, by ensuring that your son's medical situation is managed by his doctor.

Comment

I agree that the first thing I would do is to find out as much as you can, and that should be done by making an appointment with the kids doctor and get some information to make an informed decision. Melatonin is not like Benadryl. Its a natural hormone found in the body. I would be concerned if an antihistamine was being used as a sleep aid in a child, but not melatonin. And by concerned I mean, talking to the other parent and seeing why they are using this.
                            I use melatonin personally for sleeping as Im a nurse with shift work. My kid also has been diagnosed with ADHD and the doctor has been advising for months she should be on Melatonin as she has a lot of trouble sleeping. My ex did not want any meds but did not take the time to research this. We have found no side effects, except a better sleep with less anxiety and mood swings.

My professional and personal opinion would always make an informed decision and find out as much as you can from professionals

Comment

I am not a nurse, but melatonin being a naturally occurring hormone, I'd be concerned that the body down-sensitizes to it, or loses the ability to produce it altogether if it is being provided externally. Same idea as how type 2 diabetes develops.

But a quick read online suggests there is no evidence of harm (yet).

Comment

My kid's doctor has recommended melatonin to give to my child (8)to help him sleep.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X