Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Submission of Financial Statement without 2015 - is it possible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submission of Financial Statement without 2015 - is it possible.

Hi all,

I have an order whereby I must submit a 13.1 (Financial Statement) and a 13B ( Net Family Property) by April 13th.

I have not filed my 2015 taxes yet, but have all of my slips. The rules seem to say that I need the previous 3 years (2015, 2014, 2013) of NOA's or I cannot file.

Am I up the creek because of 2015 not being done ? Can I just provide my slips, ie. T4 and stuff ?

As usual thanks.
    Last edited by mcdreamy; 04-11-2016, 01:57 PM. Reason: eta- deletion of private info

Originally posted by plainNamedDad44 View Post
    Am I up the creek because of 2015 not being done ? Can I just provide my slips, ie. T4 and stuff ?
    Read the rules. You can rely upon a variety of different financial documents to provide income disclosure. The ideal is a NOA but, the collection of T4s for the year and other income reporting statements is acceptable.

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Comment

Many, many thanks Tayken.

Comment

Many, many thanks Tayken.
        Just provide everything you would for your taxes and you are fine. The requirement is for full financial disclosure. Not for NOAs. If you have them provide them. If you don't... Provide everything that would be used in your tax return filing to make up line 150.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
          Just provide everything you would for your taxes and you are fine. The requirement is for full financial disclosure. Not for NOAs. If you have them provide them. If you don't... Provide everything that would be used in your tax return filing to make up line 150.
          Awesome. Thanks

Comment

Just in case its useful to anyone else, when I went to file my 13.1, clerk was not expecting 2015.

That said, and this is good to know, they would not accept a print out of my 2014 NOA from the CRA web site! I have had to request something from CRA with their letter head on it. Ridiculous.

It seems that the courts need a major IT overhaul. What the heck are they waiting for ?

Comment

That said, and this is good to know, they would not accept a print out of my 2014 NOA from the CRA web site! I have had to request something from CRA with their letter head on it. Ridiculous.
              Sounds to me the clerk was being overly meticulous. As Tayken mentioned, "full disclosure" is the requirement. As long as it's factual and something you can defend if challenged, I'd bet no judge would completely turf it.

I was missing some original documents and supplied a letter from my employer. The clerk didn't like it, but I just shrugged "it's all I can give you before <due date>". She took it.
              I did have the originals ready for trial in the event they were needed (they weren't).

-YYZ

Comment

It seems that the courts need a major IT overhaul. What the heck are they waiting for ?
                Since when is it their job to police that sort of thing? The opposition should challenge it if they feel it necessary.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X