Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even aristocracy has child support/ex problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wealthy families generally understand very well the financial cost of a failed marriage. All understand the impact of failed marriages on the family estate. This further fuels the not-so-uncommon desire for one's children to marry within the inner circles.

A costly divorce and ensuing child support would not be a surprise to a family such as this.

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
      This particular couple was married for 7 years prior to seperating. I presume the kids were around for a few years prior to seperation.
      I was illustrating a hypothetical possibility which is supported by the current legal system, 7 days, 7 years, it makes no difference really...

Comment

Links, I am genuinely asking, do you ever see a situation where child support is justified?

Comment

Originally posted by SadAndTired View Post
          Links, I am genuinely asking, do you ever see a situation where child support is justified?
          Yes, in sole custody situations or situations where the non-custodial parent has no fixed expenses for the children and up to an amount proportionate to how much that non-custodial parent would have spent on the child had they been in the same household and only as much as 50% of the amount the custodial parent is actually spending directly on the child (proportionate share of rent, electricity etc..) - any benefits accrued due to real estate inflation.....

Not 10 million dollars...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X