Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial Decision!

Hey All...

Finally over and the order came relatively quick. I received sole custody and primary residency of my daughters after this long 7 year battle. At times I felt like this was impossible. CAS at times enabled her. I received so much pushback from so many trying to advocate for my kids. Keep up the good fight Dad's and Mom's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 years to resolve is totally insane.
    The FRO, Family lawyers and provincial courts give no urgent regard for justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Going to Jail View Post
      7 years to resolve is totally insane.
      The FRO, Family lawyers and provincial courts give no urgent regard for justice.
      Let's not forget Legal Aid. They played a huge part in this madness as well!

Comment

Huge CONGRATULATIONS!

How old are your kids now? Hopefully this all ended while they are indeed still children!

Comment

Congratulations !

Many congrats !!! Were you self rep'ed ?

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
            Huge CONGRATULATIONS!

How old are your kids now? Hopefully this all ended while they are indeed still children!
            Hey Arabian! Thanks so much 12 and 9. They are so happy with this - I was worried but they are relieved. Our judge was so very fair and put many boundaries and protective measures in place for us.

Comment

Originally posted by plainNamedDad44 View Post
              Many congrats !!! Were you self rep'ed ?
              I self rep'd part of the way and then utilized a lawyer for the last half of the journey. I found my lawyer on justicenet and was able to get a reduced rate. He was phenomenal. Very fair and amazing.

Comment

Congratulations on actually getting to trial. How many times were you bypassed to be put on the trial list? (7 x and counting for me so far) . What made the judge finally consent to allow you to go to trial?

Comment

Originally posted by Stillbreathing View Post
                  Congratulations on actually getting to trial. How many times were you bypassed to be put on the trial list? (7 x and counting for me so far) . What made the judge finally consent to allow you to go to trial?

I was only bypassed once. The judge consented due to my X being beligerant, changing lawyers multiple times, constantly changing stories & not following through on many of the orders (medical/psych/etc) that were critical to the case. Why is it 7X for you? That is insanity!

Comment

Yes it is insanity. We have been at this for 6 1/2 years now. He has not complied with disclosure or completing the psychological assessment. Given more and more time to do so. His lawyer is a master at the stalling game. My lawyer predicted a five day trial, his lawyer 30 days. Shocked the pants off the judge who has refused to put us on the trial list the last 4 x because CAS cases take priority and there is no time for us. The message is clear from the court that our children have no value as human beings. Guess the judge is waiting to see if one of our children is pushed to committing suicide so as to reduce trial time

Comment

Originally posted by Stillbreathing View Post
                      Yes it is insanity. We have been at this for 6 1/2 years now. He has not complied with disclosure or completing the psychological assessment. Given more and more time to do so. His lawyer is a master at the stalling game. My lawyer predicted a five day trial, his lawyer 30 days. Shocked the pants off the judge who has refused to put us on the trial list the last 4 x because CAS cases take priority and there is no time for us. The message is clear from the court that our children have no value as human beings. Guess the judge is waiting to see if one of our children is pushed to committing suicide so as to reduce trial time
                      Yes, I've heard that CAS priority thing over and over again. It is so very very wrong. Truly hoping you have some resolution soon. Is there only two trial sittings per year at your particular location where you live?

Comment

Well done!

Comment

I about to go through this myself and I cannot tell you how happy I am to know that it has worked out for at least one other parent. I hope you can come to enjoy your time with your children in a far more relaxed manner than you must have been for the past seven silly years.

Best to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Trix View Post
                            I about to go through this myself and I cannot tell you how happy I am to know that it has worked out for at least one other parent. I hope you can come to enjoy your time with your children in a far more relaxed manner than you must have been for the past seven silly years.

Best to all.
                            Very kind of you. Thank you. It is a huge relief after this long and horrible 7 years.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X