Appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeal

Does anyone been through an Appeal before as a Respondent in family court? Did the appellant won the Appeal?
    As I understand there are very few cases in family court when the Appeal was successful.
    Is the process as complicated as a Trial?

@paco would like to connect if you went through the appeal. I am also self-rep, respondent.

Comment

Originally posted by Polgar View Post
      @paco would like to connect if you went through the appeal. I am also self-rep, respondent.

Paco has not been on the forum for years. You have to try to send him a direct message to see if he is still connected here.

Comment

He was actually online this morning! He may have notifications on for this thread, but definitely second sending him a PM to connect.

Comment

I'm interested in this thread as well. My ex lost miserably in a recent court decision in my favour to terminate her spousal support. She has filed an appeal. It was my understanding that appeals are rarely successful in family court, and that the Appeals court is very deferential to Superior Court Justice decisions. But, I really don't know anything about this. Very keen to hear from anyone in the know with regard to the appeal process.

Comment

Appealing a Family Law Decision

I found this to be helpful.
            https://heartylaw.ca/blog-post/appea...on-in-ontario/
            In summary most family law appeals fail, and are expensive (i.e minimum 25K).

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X