This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access: Contempt

My first time posting. It's amazing at the conguencies you see in different stories/situations. Anyways:

Continued denial of court ordered access. Blatant, and with intent; and other issues aside.

Thinking of contempt charges for refusal of access.. number of times, etc... she has a very top divorce lawyer, and I'm self represented?

Limer,

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have interim orders in place? If so, Document the denials. Have witness's etc.

Lets face it -- Courts seldom jail custodial parent for contempt of court orders.

Contempt of court orders are quasi criminal. The onus is on you to demonstrate beyond a reasonable doubt that the breach of court order occurred. Three or four denials well documented with proof might suffice. It may just help assist to obatin the child's access to be reinstated.

lv

Comment

I have access orders in place...was on her motion as well...lol. I have phone messages which I can record onto computer. She even blatantly refused me this past weekend. She has orders to disclose as well. I have cost I haven't paid. What a mess

Comment

Does she say why she is refusing access?

Comment

Originally posted by limer View Post
          I have access orders in place...was on her motion as well...lol. I have phone messages which I can record onto computer. She even blatantly refused me this past weekend. She has orders to disclose as well. I have cost I haven't paid. What a mess

Phone messages are good, but start sending registered to them documenting the denials. Paper Trail will go a long way. Also make the trip to pick up the kids. Document this as well. Remember, you have orders in place. If the other parent does not want to honor the terms of the order, they are also compelled to seek variance.

lv

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X