This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perspective

One thing about controlling relationships. I just had my wife leave the marriage. One of the reasons she gave was I was too "controlling". I basically gave her evertything she asked for and accomodated anytime she wanted to do things for herself. For all of that I was blamed and villanised to her friends and relatives.

My point is, it is very easy for someone to say they were/are in a certain situation merely to excuse themselves and find a reason to leave a marriage.

My wife is a liar and a cheat. I know this now. She left to basically screw a guy. Yes. there were problems in the marriage. But I certainly was not brought up to deal with problems in ways that would affect small childeren and make a spouse lose a job.

I agree with you about it is easy to tell lies about what type of relationship people are in. The only two people who know the truth are the two in the relationship. Of course one is not going to readily admit to being controlling abusive or such things like that.

There is an old saying the goes like this;

there are three sides to every story, his side, her side and the truth.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X