How to discontinue working with OCL ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to discontinue working with OCL ?

How to disconutinue working with OCL after disclosure ? and or haven't started as yet ?

https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov....protection.php

In your previous post, it seems like you have a court order or SA in place now. See points 14 and 16 for steps on how to inform the Office of the Children Lawyer's.

Comment

Thank you. We do have endorsement which Ex partner isn't happy with and she wants OCL to be investigate. OCL now wants my current partner to sign consent forms and the investigation agreement which she refuses to do as she is not a the party in this case and I understand she has a right to refuse, My ex partner is extremely aggressive with any type of information gets on her knowledge. Ex partner is harassing us and demanding to know everything about my current partner whom is in my and children's lives over 3 years now. She had kept her privacy as she doesn't like drama. She wants to stay away from this whole ordeal and only wants best for the children. That is another reason I would like to discontinue with OCL.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrity07 View Post
        How to disconutinue working with OCL after disclosure ? and or haven't started as yet ?
        Well, if there is a court order in place you can't without bringing a motion to change the order that has them involved. OCL is a waste of time and the first mistake was assuming they are necessary or would help with moving the case forward.

Now you are in a situation where they are involved. The case will slow down significantly and drag on for years now.

WARNING TO ALL!

NEVER GET THE OCL INVOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Or section 30 assessor.)

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
          WARNING TO ALL!

NEVER GET THE OCL INVOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Or section 30 assessor.)
          Seconded!

If they are involved, then quickly you and your partner read this;

https://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/...ad.php?t=14200

Great information on how to deal with them.

Comment

I found them extremely pushy and turn twisting every word around. OCL on her disclosure documents stated "stamens" which aren't true. My daughters words were "off" and favoured toward the alleged.
            I want to discontinue working with OCL, however she is now once to follow up in 3 months.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X