This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunrise View Post
    I posted here to ask for people's suggestions, people reply to me if they feel necessary and it's none of your business.
    What are you talking about? You asked for advice, you got it, it's not what you wanted to hear and now it's none of his business? You provided a history based upon which you asked for advice, you accuse him of being judgemental, and then you judge him yourself because he doesn't know all the history?

Give your head a shake. Chinese life style is different than "ours". Who cares? You're in Canada, where Canadian courts rule based on Canadian law, not Chinese lifestyle.

You have no case based on the "history" you provided. Yeah, you are entitled to ask for SS. But you're not getting to get it.

Sounds like dumped GF has a chip on her shoulder and is looking for revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by dadtotheend View Post
      What are you talking about? You asked for advice, you got it, it's not what you wanted to hear and now it's none of his business? You provided a history based upon which you asked for advice, you accuse him of being judgemental, and then you judge him yourself because he doesn't know all the history?

Give your head a shake. Chinese life style is different than "ours". Who cares? You're in Canada, where Canadian courts rule based on Canadian law, not Chinese lifestyle.

You have no case based on the "history" you provided. Yeah, you are entitled to ask for SS. But you're not getting to get it.

Sounds like dumped GF has a chip on her shoulder and is looking for revenge.
      I posted here to look for advices, not for judgment. You don't give people advices like "have some self repect" or "you are wasting everyone's time". Isn't it arrogant to think he can represent everyone? Is it his business what's between me and everyone else? Based on the "history" I provided, he is justified to jump to the conclusion that I don't have self respect? As adults, we know things are complicated and we don't judge people easily. Plus, I have provided the fact that my ex promised to give me compesantion when we seperated, if he doesn't owe me, he would do that? I talked about Chinese style, because I was asked how much work I did, even if Canadian court doesn't take that into account, it doesn't mean I don't have self respect to think about it.

Legally, I am entitled to ask for SS, this is a choice for me, whether I can get it is for the court to decide finally, and I don't see there is anything wrong to think about whether I should take this choice. Even if this is a revenge, it's within my legal rights. Don't know if you won't feel bad if someone take advantage of you. If you won't, I admit I am not as saint as you are.

Comment

If you're going to exercise your right to ask for SS out of vengefulness, he, me and everyone else here has a right to judge you.

There's a river in Russia, it's called the Crimea.

Good luck to you.
        Last edited by dadtotheend; 03-22-2010, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Everyone here has been through a breakup, and 99% were some degree of nasty or we wouldn't be needing help and advice. We understand better than you think.

We are not arguing "the Chinese style". You are basicly suggesting "the Chinese style" entitles you to support, and we are explaining that it doesn't.

In this country there is a full awareness by judges that some people abuse the court process and waste tens of thousands of dollars of taxpayer money persuing frivolous cases just to harrass someone or get revenge. If you want to persue this, ensure that you don't fall into that category.

If you are a student in Toronto go to the Osgoode Hall Law School, the students have clinics and you can get some decent legal advice.

Comment

If you're going to exercise your right to ask for SS out of vengefulness, he, me and everyone else here has a right to judge you.

There's a river in Russia, it's called the Crimea.

Good luck to you.
            Oh, now you think you can represent everyone else and you can judge me. How about the replies I got where people didn't judge me? How about those who read my post and didn't reply or those who haven't read my post yet? You think you can represent all of them?

As I said, I will make a rational choice, and the river has nothing to do with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
              Everyone here has been through a breakup, and 99% were some degree of nasty or we wouldn't be needing help and advice. We understand better than you think.

We are not arguing "the Chinese style". You are basicly suggesting "the Chinese style" entitles you to support, and we are explaining that it doesn't.

In this country there is a full awareness by judges that some people abuse the court process and waste tens of thousands of dollars of taxpayer money persuing frivolous cases just to harrass someone or get revenge. If you want to persue this, ensure that you don't fall into that category.

If you are a student in Toronto go to the Osgoode Hall Law School, the students have clinics and you can get some decent legal advice.
              Mess, I thank you for your advices. Basically I think my ex owe me because I contributed a lot to his career. If the court recognize my contribution, I will take it to the court, if the court doesn't, I won't. I already talked with a duty cousel and she thought I had a case. As I said, I will make a rational decision, based on the expectation of what I can get through going to the court, insteading of on my bad feeling towards my ex.

I just felt bad that I got judged easily and accused of "no self respect" or whatever. Since people here all been through a breakup, we should understand each other, insteading of judging a person who is merely gathering info to make decision.

Comment

Oh, now you think you can represent everyone else and you can judge me. How about the replies I got where people didn't judge me? How about those who read my post and didn't reply or those who haven't read my post yet? You think you can represent all of them?

As I said, I will make a rational choice, and the river has nothing to do with me.
                Isn't it funny how those non-judgemental people are the same ones who agree with you? Your kind has been here before and will be here again.

Why don't you just spend your energy bringing forth your ridiculous claim instead of battling people who are telling you what you don't want to hear?

Comment

yes, he didn't use my money, and I didn't use the money from his loan, I only got half of the car($5000) from him, but how about all those hours I worked on housework to support his career, which postpone the date I could graduate? If the law doesn't recogonize housework, fine, but it means I don't have self respect to think about spousal support when the family law act recognizes common law marriage and it's within my rights?
                  sorry but lots of women and men work outside the home full time and then come home and work on housework, the kids etc. Unless you lived in a mansion that needed 24 hours to clean, you could have went to school also. Lots of men/women do it.

Comment

Isn't it funny how those non-judgemental people are the same ones who agree with you? Your kind has been here before and will be here again.

Why don't you just spend your energy bringing forth your ridiculous claim instead of battling people who are telling you what you don't want to hear?
                    Not everyone agreed with me in their replies, and I didn't call everyone judgemental, this is how your kind make conclusion? Whether my claim is ridiculous is for the court, not for you to decide. Whether I will bring forth my claim is not your business. Yes, I can save engery not to battle you, maybe you can also save yourself energy not to battle me who is saying something that you don't want to hear.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X