Assets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assets

So i'm moving next week out of the house next week so she and the kids can move back in. That's fine till the place is sold. This is where it gets tricky. I have business on back of property which I am allowed to access. I am scared that her and her family members are either going to remove assets from my shop when i'm not around.She has I list of everything I have and due to the bitter and angry feelings towards me, is it legal to lock everything up and remove certain things that I don't want destroyed until we have assets statements from her side .

If there are bitter and angry feelings against you, and you have a business operating out of the property, then it is really ill-advised for you to be letting them have possession.

You can change the locks, but they can call a locksmith. You have no protection.

If this were me, I would have said the kids can move in with me, the ex stays out.

It is what it is. You should remove anything that is valuable. You essentially have the door to your office wide open to theives.

Since you are anticipating having to get out anyway, then get out. Accelerate your plans and get your own secure business space off of the premises.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
      Since you are anticipating having to get out anyway, then get out. Accelerate your plans and get your own secure business space off of the premises.
      Excellent advice. Similar advice I give to people when the matrimonial home is listed for sale. Highly conflicted individuals and their negative advocate solicitors will harass anyone residing at the matrimonial home.

Vacate the property as soon as possible. If the home is listed, find a new residence and move in immediately. It is a common pattern of behaviour for negative advocate solicitors to have their client and the other "professionals" (real estate agents, etc...) to harass you in the residence. The worst part is that they will then drag you before the court and complain to a justice about every minor thing. Now, this more than always backfires on the motions I have seen but, it wastes your time, causes you stress and ultimately a situation you could have removed yourself from simply by moving.

The house is being sold... The debate on what to do with it is now over.

The best thing to do is move right out and fast. Why allow someone to continually harass you through real estate agents and other "professionals" at where you are trying to live (and in your case work)?

As soon as a home is listed on the market, if you can get out... I highly recommend everyone do this. You have enough stress with dealing with the seperation and divorce, work, child care and now showing a home that is up for sale?

Good Luck!
      Tayken

Comment

Assests

Thanks for great advice. Only problem is the court says she gets to live in the house because of kids (wha). I have installed security cameras etc, ,changed locks on shop. Hopefully this will help. Lawyer also notified them anyone caught on that part of property can be charged

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X