This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monthly Expense Form

Does anyone know how much weight the monthly expense forms carry?

Eg: My monthly expenses are much higher than my ex. Not because I lead a lavish lifestyle, but because the cost of living is enormous in the territory I live in. ( she lives in another province...I, in the arctic)

How much consideration does the court give this sort of thing. This is strickly in regards to spousal support.

Thanks
    GDGM

For spousal support purposes a lot of weight. The Judge should take into account your unique situation and base his decision on the numbers. Make sure you have back up documents for every expense in your Financial Statement.

Comment

This is good to hear. Thankfully the interim spousal support was dropped by ex's lawyer, and it's now in negotiations. However, I want to be prepared for whatever may come up. Thankfully, I have been collecting a lot of things in anticipation of this. eg: I kept all of my grocery receipts for January month to show how much groceries cost on a monthly basis.

I also called a travel agency and had them send me an email quote of how much it would cost to travel from where I am in the arctic to st. John's.

Does anyone have any experience with the courts and their interpretation of your monthly expense forms? I'm curious.

GDGM

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X