Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emotional Preparation for Discussion...

I'm going to broach the subject of a separation agreement with my wife in the next few weeks. We've never really been happy in this marriage, but the last 1.5 years it's just gone off the rails. We've been to like 4 different counselors, none of which has made a difference.

I've pretty much accepted that it's over, and whatever happens to anything, I just want to get it over with. I'm tired of always being at fault.

I'm just worried about managing the discussion. Divorce has come up in arguments (she's thrown the "threat" at me before), and in counseling, but we've never seriously discussed it alone. I've no idea what to expect, but I don't imagine it's going to be a fun night....

Although I haven't seen one, I've priced out how much I'm going to need for legal advice during this process. I hope we can work stuff out, but I'm not signing anything on my own.

Disclose more information

Hi There,

Thats a very smart step of not signing anything of your own.In order to get the right advise at the forum you need to disclose some important facts like length of marriage,are there kids involved,what are the issues(support,net equilization,support Etc)??.Once you post a detailed situation you will get the right advise from senior members like FL needs to change ,littleman etc and ofcourse our dear moderater LV.
    For now all I will suggest you to remain calm and composed.Its really a game of patience.Two years of separation even after the court orders I stand nowhere.
    Take Care

Comment

The best you can do at this point is to remain calm on the surface.
      Read everything very carefully and do not proceed if you are at all intimidated by something or do not fully understand the written words on the agreement.

It is also important to have a support team so that you can have a neutral party to let things out with and to help you make informed decisions. Family and friends at this time is very important

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X