Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here

Hi,

IÂ’ve just had my first mediation session. I think it went quite well; we hammered out a lot. He was teary eyed and very overwhelmed at the end. Not sure if it was guilt or the realization of what itÂ’s going to cost him

IÂ’m trying to keep the house. My kids donÂ’t need any more disruption from this. My ex (so nice to call him that now) was caught cheating which has put me in this boat.

Looking forward to catching up on these forums and keeping as positive as I can.

Originally posted by Mom_of_teens View Post
    He was teary eyed and very overwhelmed at the end.
    Sign an agreement quickly. Guilt only lasts so long. If you miss that crucial window it will cost you a lot more to get a lot less.

I’m trying to keep the house.
    Everybody wants to keep the house. Unless he has a huge pension, you likely will not be able to afford the house.

He might say he is going to give you the house now, but eventually he is going to talk to a lawyer, and that lawyer will tell him that he is out of his mind.

Start creating a backup plan that does not involve keeping the house.

My kids don’t need any more disruption from this.
    Their parents are getting divorced. That is a massive disruption. The house is small potatoes. Home is where you are, not some random pile of bricks.

My ex was caught cheating which has put me in this boat.
    I'm sure your marriage was a blissful paradise until that point

Comment

I am keeping the house; I’m buying him out.

I never said my marriage was blissful; nobody has a blissful marriage. Lol! But I sure didn’t know it was bad enough that he needed to cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mom_of_teens View Post
        I am keeping the house; I’m buying him out.
        Have you already been approved for the mortgage? Alternatively, do you have the cash lying around to buy him out?

I never said my marriage was blissful; nobody has a blissful marriage. Lol! But I sure didn’t know it was bad enough that he needed to cheat.
        Infidelity rates are fairly high. The bar when it comes to "bad enough to cheat" is unfortunately quite low.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X