Text Messages as evidence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text Messages as evidence

Hi everyone - a little while back someone posted information on how to prepare text messages for use in court. I can't seem to find the thread.

Can anyone point me to it?

Much thanks!!

I don't remember the thread, but I believe it was involveddad75 who mentioned that there is a Blackberry app that will export texts, and the if you are with Rogers they have a service available to have a full record of your texts sent to you.

Otherwise, my recommendation is to type up a complete and accurate transcript of the texts, including the the before and after for context, date and time, originating phone number. Then take this to a notary, have the notary examine your phone, and then swear that the transcript is a complete and accurate record of the texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
      I don't remember the thread, but I believe it was involveddad75 who mentioned that there is a Blackberry app that will export texts, and the if you are with Rogers they have a service available to have a full record of your texts sent to you.

Otherwise, my recommendation is to type up a complete and accurate transcript of the texts, including the the before and after for context, date and time, originating phone number. Then take this to a notary, have the notary examine your phone, and then swear that the transcript is a complete and accurate record of the texts.
      Thanks Mess! I thought I had commented on the thread to say that it would be nice if the forum had a 'favorites' button but I can't see it in my list of posts.

That is the information I was looking for though.

Comment

you can also forward the message to your email and print them that way.....it will save you on the notary fees

Comment

If you type it out yourself, the only notary fee is to read them and swear that they are accurate.

Forwarding to your email doesn't give any information as to the originating number, date, or time. Or perhaps your phone has this as a built in function? Most don't, it just displays as being sent from you to yourself.

Comment

I use sms backup which emails text messages to my phone. There are tons of apps out there for this purpose. Date, time, everything included.

Comment

Originally posted by baldclub View Post
              I use sms backup which emails text messages to my phone. There are tons of apps out there for this purpose. Date, time, everything included.
              I also use SMS backup.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X