Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediation Brief

Fairly simple question:

In writing a mediation brief, does it come from the first person narrative, similar to an affidavit ("I" and "Sam"), or as Mr. Smith and Ms. Smith?

We finally got the other party to agree to Med/Arb, but I haven't been able to come across an example of how this should be written.

Originally posted by neverwhere View Post
    Fairly simple question:

In writing a mediation brief, does it come from the first person narrative, similar to an affidavit ("I" and "Sam"), or as Mr. Smith and Ms. Smith?

We finally got the other party to agree to Med/Arb, but I haven't been able to come across an example of how this should be written.
    Write in the first person, using "I" whenever possible, instead of "the claimant," "he/she," or "they." This will help you stick to the rules about facts and relevance. When writing them for folks I always generally stick to first person.

Mediation "briefs" need to be brief. Treat them like a CC Brief or SC Brief.

The mediator-arbitrator should have a standard contract they provide. If you want to see a template get a lawyer to pull one from Obrien's Forms for you or a similar legal template service.

Comment

This is perfect, thanks for taking the time to respond! We've done the contract now, I was just stuck on the narrative of the brief.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X