Disputing Forensic accountant’s bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disputing Forensic accountant’s bill

Does anyone know how to go about disputing a forensic accountant’s bill? The accountant was hired jointly by my ex and I to go over my ex’s income and was supposed to speak to each of us if he had any questions. He prepared an incomplete draft report after many months based on erroneous assumptions on his part. He was supposed to talk to each of us if he had questions in order to complete the report. We have each paid 5000.00 to him and his bill came in at another 7500.00 for each of us. He refuses to fix the report without further monies other than already billed. He has not provided a detailed accounting to justify the 7500.00 bill he says each of us are owing. I think his bill is outrageous and would like to challenge it. How do I go about doing so?

Do you have a copy of the engagement letter that would likely have been signed at the outset? I’d start there...

Comment

Yes I do. The accountant is far more expensive than my lawyer! Totally insane!

Comment

If this individual has a professional designation then I would presume there is an avenue available to pursue disputes. Not sure of your specifics but as an example:

https://www.cpaontario.ca/stewardshi...ees-resolution

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X