This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direction please on filing Appeal

I want to file a "Notice of Appeal", just got back from my friend FLIC...

I filed a contempt motion that got thrown out and my ex awarded costs. I wasn't able to afford my own lawyer and with my current spouse did not qulaify for legal aid.

So the same lawyer i saw this evening was he one who advised me to file a contempt motion, then it went bad and it was dismissed him awarded costs.

I filed a motion to change his lawyer is saying mine should be dismissed till i pay the costs but I disagree. I wasn't being unreasonable and with the legal advice available to me thought i was doing the best thing. Kinda messed up when the only thing you can do is file contempt ei-being denied access but then when you so you are punished for doing so and the one disobeying a court order is rewarded????

Retarded. makes not a lick of sense. Did i not have reasonable grounds to want to see my child??

So FLIC told me to appeal the costs. It cant be held against me he said while appeal is in motion and he doesn't understand the judges reasoning.

He knows my ex's lawyer saw him @ the Y and apparently my ex's lawyer was surprised at the outcome?

How do i find a notice of appeal? it was superior court so do i need to file with Court of Appeal?

Greatly appreciate any advice or commets, related info etc.

Hi
    I cant tell you exactly what to do as my lawyer saw me through an appeal but here is a link for all the family law forms you coule ever need. An appeal is second last on the list and if I remember right #38.
    Good luck.

http://www.ontariocourtforms.on.ca/english/family/

Comment

thank you! i'll check it out

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X