Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to have a rant now...yes mychilds' sport is horseback riding, so it costs more. she has been in many other sports , that i have paid for unilaterally, however she excels as a rider...whoopp de do..so i sacrificied my expendiable income on this sport...stop being so judgemental..all i am saying is that he refused to pay for it , but now wants to reap rhe rewards from it...its no different from a harlem kid who exels in basketball..it is still a sport.

Comment

Post secondary education and whether divorced parents should be legally obliged to pay.

Are married couples forced to pay for their sons/daughters post secondary eduication? The answer is no. Married couples may if they wish help out their sons or daughters but are not forced to by the law. Would the public like it if the law was changed so that all parents in Canada were legally obliged to pay for their sons/daughters post secondary education. Not a snow balls chance in....

Hence why once a person gets divorced should they be forced legally to pay for their sons/daughters post secondary education? In other words married couples are not obliged by the law to pay but divorced couples are? That in my opinion is discrimination on the basis of marital status. Next question.

Of course there are many reasons why, in my opinion you got cooked, mummer1962 but whether legally only divorced parents as opposed to married parents should have to pay for post secondary education that does not seem right to me.

Comment

Because married couples still support the child dally and are able toi determine if the child is ready for university and woudl happily suport the child in thier sucess. Couples who separately raise children when one suppports more than the other in terms of readying them for post secondary and the others are supprting second families where the new wife is not interested in payinf for the "other child" the law . to intervene to make sure they are not forgotten about.

Comment

and why do you think i deserve to get "cooked"

Comment

Originally posted by mummer1962 View Post
            Read the post concering what bio dad paid before you juidge. Horseback riding is a rich mans sport. ...but my dauther has disyplayed talent that has resulted in emlployment. ..much like every hockey mom's wish is that they make the NHL, well she has...read before you post. I did not get a grand a month although i was entitled to it. I make a good living and so does he ...chaulk and cheese.
            I did maybe you should look at yours I originally responded before your second post explaining what he pays....hence me saying not sure what bio dad pays. I did not read your secondary posts as I was not responding to you, but nbdad in my second post.

Comment

Originally posted by holdthemaccountable View Post
              Post secondary education and whether divorced parents should be legally obliged to pay.

Are married couples forced to pay for their sons/daughters post secondary eduication? The answer is no. Married couples may if they wish help out their sons or daughters but are not forced to by the law. Would the public like it if the law was changed so that all parents in Canada were legally obliged to pay for their sons/daughters post secondary education. Not a snow balls chance in....

Hence why once a person gets divorced should they be forced legally to pay for their sons/daughters post secondary education? In other words married couples are not obliged by the law to pay but divorced couples are? That in my opinion is discrimination on the basis of marital status. Next question.

Of course there are many reasons why, in my opinion you got cooked, mummer1962 but whether legally only divorced parents as opposed to married parents should have to pay for post secondary education that does not seem right to me.
              I agree its funny the government writes the laws surrounding human rights then violates them in family law. Also there is no accountability for the cs. When in the relationship there is no way any one spouse would be able to spend thousands of dollars and not have to answer for it. I mean really heres 12k. No receipts needed?! Too bad we couldn't do our taxes that way lol.

Comment

I did not mean it to sound that you deserved to get cooked I meant that sadly you were burned. From my read you should have gotten more child support.

In terms of the married vs. divorced couples. If a married couple decides to not support their childs post secondary education they have a choice! If a divorced couple decides not to support the child then the law forces them to provide support.

You state
                "Because married couples still support the child dally and are able toi determine if the child is ready for university and woudl happily suport the child in thier sucess." My parents did not support me financially. If my parents however had been divorced they the law would have forced them to provide support! The law either needs to be scrapped regarding divorced parents or the law needs to be changed to legally force married parents who won't "happily support the child in their sucess" to support the 20 year old child in their success.

I am not complaining about what my circumstances may or may not have been I am just saying that the law is not just as if "forces" divorced parents to pay but does not equally "force" married couples to pay. This in my opinion is discrimination based on marital status. Divorced parents do not have the freedom to choose to support their child whereas married couples have this right to choose as to whether or not to support the child.

Comment

This woman is a patholigical liar and every single statement that she has written on this forum has been a lie. This is not the bio dad, but it is someone who knows him very well. I could not believe the lies that she was telling about him and I called him and told him about the lies that she was telling on this site. It really repulsed me when I read them because it was easy to tell who she was talking about, and he does not deserve the lies she is spreading on these sites about him. NOT ONE WORD THAT COMES OUT OF HER MOUTH IS TRUTHFUL AND SHE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HERSELF!!!! She forged documents, lied on affidavits, lied about her daughter's employment and she even lied about it being a summer job, it wasn't, she wasn't even in school and was working full time before the summer, so this stellar mother falsified a document from the employer to make it look like it was a summer job and got caught. She conveniently left that out of her question about whether she would get cs for summer employment. Her and her daughter didn't even tell the father that her daughter was working and living away from home he had to read about it on facebook. How she sleeps at night amazes me. Leave him alone and stop posting your defamatory, insulting and lying comments. What you have done to him is not only immoral its criminal, but you get on these sites acting like a victim. It's sickening. By the way, it's not only bio dad who has read these lies, there are a few people who know him that have read the lies and I am one of them. and every single person who has is sickened by the lies she tells and the way she tries to portray him as some deadbeat. He isn't. He supported his daughter for 19 years and is still paying child support. They only dated for a few months 20 years ago and now she is trying to make his life hell. She's even on another post on this site saying that he is quitting his job and retiring to get out of child support. She twists her facts to suit the lies she needs to spin. He's not retiring from his full time job, but just from a part time job with the Reserves that he doesn't earn much from anyways. But hey it might make a difference of $20 a month, and wouldn't want to miss out on a penny that she thinks she's entitled to. Her idea of a fair share of education costs is him paying 150% of the education costs and her and her daughter not only not paying nothing but actually making money off his share, and then she wants child support on top of it. It would take a month to write all the lies this woman tells.
                  This woman should be on a site seeking help for her delusions instead of here trying to get help in screwing him over. She keeps saying how she pays 100% of everything, he's paying $600 a month child support and her daughter worked full time since the beginning of May but neither of them should be paying a cent for her education because the bio dad who they don't acknowledge except for wanting money was supposed to be duped into paying the full share and then some. I'm done sitting back and listening to the lies she is telling about him on this site. I'd tell her to start telling the truth, but at this point I know that's something she isn't capable of doing. She should let him pay a reasonable share of the education as he has always agreed to, and leave him alone. I am a personal friend of his and he is a genuinely good person and does not deserve the lies this woman is repeatedly telling about him on this site or anywhere else. For all of you men on this site that are being screwed over by women like this, I pity you.

Comment

My my Susan you are quite the mouthy one aren't you. The truth will come out in court....hope you can come and watch the show.

Comment

Stay tuned for the full story of Stellar Dad after trial..I will be happy to share ALL the details of his involvement with his daughter.

Comment

Interesting...glad I'm not the Judge presiding over this case.

Comment

Its gonna be like a pop up story book, every time they pop up with another lie, i will have the proof to squash it. And the fairy tale continues with our new player Stepmom2.

Comment

Okay this is ridiculous. What difference does it make if mummer is telling lies anyway? This board is anonymous so none of us can judge each other personally. If she's telling lies then she won't be getting appropriate advice and it's for the judge to see the actual evidence. I don't really care if anyone lies on this site about their personal situations - I'm care about getting good advice, support and giving what I can to others going through this terrible process. Divorce is extremely emotional and people will always have their perspective which I'm sure is viewed as a lie by the other side.

Take the personal crap and bickering out of the posts. I have absolutely no respect for anyone on here who takes it to this level.

Comment

Originally posted by holdthemaccountable View Post
                              ...In terms of the married vs. divorced couples. If a married couple decides to not support their childs post secondary education they have a choice! If a divorced couple decides not to support the child then the law forces them to provide support.
                              No, not true. If one of the parents in either case (married or divorced) decides to pay for a childs education, then the other parent is FORCED to pay as well. In the married case, joint assets are necessarily used, and in the divorced case, the courts will force the other parent to pay.

If both parents decide not to support the child in either case (married or divorced), the child does not get support.

So there is no discrimination.

Comment

In response to the rant from Stepmom2:

We can only answer requests for advice based on the information given. There are two sides to every story, but there is almost NOTHING in your rant that is relevant. I'll outline below, if any part of it is true, then he's going to kick her ass in court.

She forged documents, lied on affidavits, lied about her daughter's employment and she even lied about it being a summer job, it wasn't, she wasn't even in school and was working full time before the summer, so this stellar mother falsified a document from the employer to make it look like it was a summer job and got caught
                                Which of course is easily proven by contacting the employer and confirming. If it was falsified then it may screw them come tax time. Kids are allowed to work in addition to going to school as they are LEGALLY EXPECTED to contribute towards their OWN EDUCATION AS WELL. If you can prove the "lying" on the affidavits, then again, this is easily done.

He supported his daughter for 19 years and is still paying child support. They only dated for a few months 20 years ago and now she is trying to make his life hell
                                Should have wrapped it...moving on....

Her idea of a fair share of education costs is him paying 150% of the education costs and her and her daughter not only not paying nothing but actually making money off his share, and then she wants child support on top of it
                                Assuming this is true, she'll get rocked in court and hit for costs for being a dumbass. So he has nothing to worry about there. It's VERY easy to figure out post secondary costs....simple check the school that is being attended for the program/cost information. And Child Support while the kid completes the first post secondary degree is a standard norm. So that part is NOT unreasonable.

he keeps saying how she pays 100% of everything, he's paying $600 a month child support and her daughter worked full time since the beginning of May but neither of them should be paying a cent for her education
                                He's obligated to contribute full table amounts of support, based on his line 150 NOA as well as a pro rata share of special expenses. If his income increases he is obligated to increase it accordingly. Conversely, if his income DECREASES then he's allowed to drop it as well. (and she should allow him to do so) What was his line 150 last year?

She's even on another post on this site saying that he is quitting his job and retiring to get out of child support
                                Now go back and read the thread. She was told that he's allowed to retire, and that if it's a significant drop in income she can pursue it if she chooses, but that it could be construed as unreasonable to do so. Again, that's the law, like it or not.

She should let him pay a reasonable share of the education as he has always agreed to
                                He of course has submitted this to her in writing which she has rejected correct? FYI if he's offering LESS than a 33% cut of post secondary, it's not reasonable and she has every right to refuse it. He will most likely be on the hook for 33%, split between HIM, HER and the child.

The "costs" should be whatever is indicated in the program + the cheapest possible public transportation (ie. a bus pass) + residence/meal plan while in school (if living away from home) and costs to go home 2X per year.

He should ALSO offer to be allowed to pay the CS DIRECTLY TO THE CHILD while she is in school, as that would be a reasonable offer and keeps it out of his ex's hands (if that is a concern).

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X