X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pension Adjustment.

Hi All

My X works for the provincial Gov't here in Ontario. I work for our Federal one. As it stands she has valued my pension (Maximum Transfereable Amount) at effectively twice the value of hers. Given that we make roughly the same (difference of about 7K over best 5 Yrs) does this make sense? I

Get the actual valuation from the pension admins. Issue is?

Comment

Have done, She of course wants the pension as a parting gift. I would prefer not. 117k vs 60K . Just found it strange that her Provincial Pension could be worth so little

Comment

Originally posted by gettingtakenforaride View Post
        Hi All

My X works for the provincial Gov't here in Ontario. I work for our Federal one. As it stands she has valued my pension (Maximum Transfereable Amount) at effectively twice the value of hers. Given that we make roughly the same (difference of about 7K over best 5 Yrs) does this make sense? I
        Please note that while the provincial Gov't will pension admin will provide you the acutrail value according to tne new legislation the Federal will not. Apply for the division estimate, then take it to an actuary to do the calcualtion.

key numbers: last 5 years average salary, earliest eligible age of retirement and # of years of services

If you have a larger difference in the year of services then yes that will make a big difference.

Comment

Fantastic Moolight thanks. There's only a difference of about 6k for best five yrs and 3 yrs in terms of service, I just wanted to make sure the extra 900 bucks would be worth spending.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X