This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This feeling of lonliness...

Now that the decision has been made and I am into my 7th month of separation, I am having a tremendous feeling of lonliness.

I do not want every decision I make to be based on how it fulfills that need. Vulnerability is at its highest as is this withdrawl of not having my two oldest children near. My home has gone from 6 to 3 and the adjustment is nauseating,

I am doing everything in my power to move of this island and back to Ontario. I miss that province with a passion. Kingston to be specific.

Oh boy...grant me the patience and sanity to get through this!!

Aftermath is not always pleasant.

hi whitstews
    you sound like you need support right now and, believe me , you've come to the right spot. I know its sounds cliche but time diminishes the trauma and you acquire a new norm--it can be as good or as bad as you choose--but right now my advice is to be kind to yourself and others around you; treat yourself to a specilaty coffee ( with lots of calories ha).
    you say your house is down to three( from six to three). did you take the
    youngest two children?and the two oldest with your spouse?
    are you on Vancouver island or newfoundland (island) ? just wondering. Have a good day.

Comment

Godknowsthetruth is right. You've definitely come to the right place for support. I'm sad to hear that you're seperated. Is there any possibility you'll reunite with your spouse? What about the kids older kids? Did they decide to stay or are they off to school?

Happy, soothing vibes coming your way!

Comment

How should we respond when a loneliness-triggering event occurs in our lives? There are only two things we can do. We can allow the event to seize control over our lives, or we can remain in control. If we choose to succumb to loneliness and wallow in self-pity, our negative attitude will drive others away, isolating us, and thereby beginning the dangerous downward spiral that can lead to chronic loneliness. On the other hand, we can recognize that loneliness is a natural and inevitable experience that will defeat some and strengthen others. Take your time, you can heal from this experience and come out stronger. And most important take care of yourself first.

Comment

Hello there,

I really hope everything'll work out for you smoothly. It sounds like you still have hope and inspiration in your life, which is always a good thing.

You know, although you might have tough times right now, things eventually will make sense and fit together like a puzzle.

If you want to talk, feel free to PM me!

Good luck!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X