I'm through....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^

I'm either being a bit harsh or brutally honest. It's semantics.

There is no harm intended by the post, but I'm certainly hoping that it jolts divorcingmama out of her current state of mind, and allows her to assess her situation more realistically.

Sometimes, a harsh-ish post is the only thing that will do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Straittohell View Post
      ^^

I'm either being a bit harsh or brutally honest. It's semantics.

There is no harm intended by the post, but I'm certainly hoping that it jolts divorcingmama out of her current state of mind, and allows her to assess her situation more realistically.

Sometimes, a harsh-ish post is the only thing that will do that.
      Sometimes a PM to help explain how the forum works would be a more classy-ish thing to do, especially when it's a new member just starting out in the forum.

People come to this site for straight no-nonsense legal help and hopefully a mesure of compassion. Many newbies coming here have little clue as to what the legal system entails and are understandably overwhelmed - no need to bite their heads off

Comment

You are right, a PM might have been a better idea.

Comment

Strait, you were not out of line [except, of course, unfortunately DTD's now zombie thread has been derailed]. Should we open a separate discussion to review?

And PM's don't help other new posters reading along learn the general ropes of our forum postings, such as: you can expect a 100% view from the other side of the story; soliciting sex via PM's from other members not tolerated [that one still makes my skin crawl]; and rampant necroposting will not be tolerated [linking to an old post works, as I'm going to do right now, below].

This old thread is always a good read, I wonder how many new posters actually read "First time posters, read Me First". Like Stripes, I too had my bubbles burst a few times by old timers when I first started posting here.

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...read-1st-6920/
          Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Lawd...sorry DD. It struck me after I posted that I had thought you were already done.

What's with all the necro posts? If you're going to do that, please at least put a bump msg so people don't think the thread is new.

But I do have another milestone to celebrate. My ex got married so my SS has ended.
            Congratulations on this...that's awesome.

Comment

Very good news indeed for you DD!

[think I need to smoke a spiff to follow the old posts ha ha ha]

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                Lawd...sorry DD. It struck me after I posted that I had thought you were already done.

What's with all the necro posts? If you're going to do that, please at least put a bump msg so people don't think the thread is new.

Congratulations on this...that's awesome.
                I'm not the one who revived it....

Comment

I'm not the one who revived it....
                  Yes I know...the comment wasn't directed at you.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X