X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One, last June

Comment

Also, my lawyer hosted a 4 way meeting wheres some suggestions were made but my ex would not meet again after it.

Comment

Originally posted by lancelot View Post
        One, last June
        You can make as many offers to settle as you would like. My recommendation would be to fully utilize the opportunities under Rule 18 of the Family Law Rules and make reasonable offers, many and often.

Comment

Originally posted by lancelot View Post
          Also, my lawyer hosted a 4 way meeting wheres some suggestions were made but my ex would not meet again after it.
          4 way meetings are of very little value generally unless the parties are close to settlement.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
            You can make as many offers to settle as you would like. My recommendation would be to fully utilize the opportunities under Rule 18 of the Family Law Rules and make reasonable offers, many and often.
            Any lawyer would love nothing more than their client to continue to make offers because they do add up.

I would suggest looking at Rule 14 and seeing if any of your issues pertain to this section and go for a Motion.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking4Answers View Post
              Any lawyer would love nothing more than their client to continue to make offers because they do add up.

I would suggest looking at Rule 14 and seeing if any of your issues pertain to this section and go for a Motion.
              Not a bad idea if you like paying for costs and being schedule to trial faster.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X