This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do for a living?

I'll talk about what I do in a few days.

No need to share if you don't want to. Just curious to see the variety of careers here.

Station attendent for Air Canada.

Comment

Do you get free flight benefits?

Comment

Yes, Just have to pay the extra taxes, which on flights to the US can add up quickly.

Comment

What a great job!
          I always wanted to work for an airline just to get the free benefits

Myself, i have a boring job.. I work in a bank currently in a management position.

Comment

I type medical transcripts for a number of clinics. Boring, but I can work from home. Spent most of my day on the computer but during breaks, get to check out what's happening on this forum.

Comment

Working from home would be excellent, I wish I could do that.
              At least you can take breaks whenever you want

Comment

Polar,

Working from home is great as far as flexibility, I can work around the kids schedule. You need to be disciplined, which sometimes I'm not and end up pulling all nighters.

I do sometimes find it isolating. When the kids are older I'll probably work again in a medical clinic. I enjoy and miss working with people.

Comment

I'm a tooling engineer

I'm a tooling engineer and work out of the corporate head office of a tier one automotive manufacturing company. I've been working on a large program for the past 1.5 years for the GMT900 program which is GM's largest program that comes around every 5 to 7 years. It's the new Escalade, Denali, Yukon, Avalance and Chevy pickup platfrom for 2007 on. I take care of all the designs, building and integration to our plants for 36% of the total vehical content for all the tooling and dies that mass produce these components.
                  I love my job!

Comment

Chopper,

That's great that you love your job so much. One less stress, during this difficult time in your live. I hope your job isn't affected by the recent cut backs at the GM Oshawa plant.

Comment

Interaction

Grace,

Consider your interaction on these forums as a form of socializing with 'adults'!

Thanks for all your suggestions thus far, they have helped.

Hubby

Comment

You made my day!!!

Thanks

Comment

Hi Grace,

Cut backs haven't affected us. I love my job but its also a very high pressure high stress position. I have been falling off my game......home life has seriously been taking a toll on my thinking. Just can't stop feeling so hurt...can stop thinking about it all the time.

Comment

Home health aid and TV audience participant.Helps the studios with audience control and numbers.

Comment

I write content for websites. And I also write business and marketing plans. I have my own small business.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X