X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid: filing unsworn forms

Good day,
    Have a question about filing unsworn documents in the Covid environment,
    specifically form 13.1 (Financial Statement).
    I found a SCJ's "Consolidated Notice" of May 19, 2020 (https://www.ontariocourts.ca/scj/not...idated-notice/), that states (para 10):
    " Where it is not possible to commission an affidavit by video conference, an unsworn affidavit may be delivered to the Court, but the deponent must be able to participate in any telephone or videoconference hearing to swear or affirm the affidavit."

Is form 13.1 an "affidavit" because normally it has to be sworn/affirmed? By comparison, form 35.1 (parenting plan) is an affidavit, thus can be filed unsworn, but what about form 13.1? There is no "affidavit" in its title.

You have to swear a financial statement. Or swear that it is true in an affidavit.

A financial statement cannot go unsworn. Find someone who is authorized to sign it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Check notary public in your location. My understanding is that they are considered an "essential" service. You can book an appointment with them to have them notarize your document. In my vicinity....35$ per sworn document.

Comment

I did mine with an online notary. Appointment was booked online, cost $35 and I had to provide a photo of my ID. I believe it was called Notarypro.

Comment

Originally posted by ReFrame View Post
          I did mine with an online notary. Appointment was booked online, cost $35 and I had to provide a photo of my ID. I believe it was called Notarypro.
          The court house will charge you $20 but saving the hassle and doing it for an extra 15 sounds good.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X