Criminal Charges Stayed - Family Trial Coming Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StillPaying View Post
    A motion for a temporary minimal increase in access would force their hand. Could save you from trial as well.
    If there is a trial looming....would someone be granted a motion for increased access now? Wouldn't the court just say "wait"?

Comment

It's still 2 months away with no guarantee of being seen this round.

The last motion was denied to wait for results. Results are in. Eow or 50/50 would be a trial issue. A minimal change should be accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
        That being said- if you can shut down the abuse allegations in court- I don't know why you wouldn't go to trial and seek 50/50.

You probably know her motivations better than any of your lawyers involved...will she accept a graduated 50/50?

I don't know if I asked this before- but did you have an OCL report? Has CAS been involved?
        Hello,
        1. Going to trial will cost me around $60-$90k. This is the quote i'm getting. I also do not want to self-represent. I DO want to go to trial and clear my name, but the cost is very prohibitive.

2. Neither one of us requested an OCL report. CAS was involved several times due to her allegations but files closed within a couple weeks.

3. I am able to go to a motion. In fact, the Trial scheduling conference judge allowed it despite a trial being booked. I can bring a motion to expand my time now, but I also want to save on Motion costs ($10k) and try to settle the whole issue itself.

Thanks again

Comment

All,

One question:

I put the offer every other weekend from Friday to Monday morning school drop off (instead of Sunday) and Thursday to Friday morning school drop-off (instead of Thursday 8pm) so neither one of us has to see each other. Is this a problem or should I reduce it to Sunday and drop off at her house/public place? Again, the goal here is to ensure I protect myself from costs and settling my case ASAP.
          Last edited by helenj; 11-04-2021, 04:54 PM. Reason: adding paragrapgh

Comment

Originally posted by helenj View Post
            All,

One question:

I put the offer every other weekend from Friday to Monday morning school drop off (instead of Sunday) and Thursday to Friday morning school drop-off (instead of Thursday 8pm) so neither one of us has to see each other. Is this a problem or should I reduce it to Sunday and drop off at her house/public place? Again, the goal here is to ensure I protect myself from costs and settling my case ASAP.
            While school is in session the exchange via the school is the way to go. You are late getting the child to school that is OK....late getting to your exes and trouble arises.

I would not make the exchange time at 9am. I would make yourself responsible until the end of the school day OR at a time that lets you bring the child in to school late.

A involved lawyer will have a good feel about the judges and how they will rule, nothing wrong with asking here.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X