Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do We Do Now? (No Response Until Court Date)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do We Do Now? (No Response Until Court Date)

My fiance just got a call from my stepson's mom's lawyer saying that he is back on the case and will not provide any information or responses to our motion until the case conference / court date.

What should we do? Any thoughts?

BTW, the 30-day dealine is today and the court date isn't until next week.

The lawyer may very well ask for an adjournment to read through any information or meet & speak to his/her client. As I said before, the rules seem to not _really_ apply and you can expect that they will break deadlines without so much as a blink.

Comment

Well, we're thinking of still filing Form 14B (no response or consent) and asking the court to base an order on the material we provided. After all... it's worth a try. At least one of us will be playing by the rules!

It's just so frustrating and nerve-racking not knowing what will be thrown at us in court. Especially since we're self-representing and have a lawyer going against us that is a renown lawyer in that town and who's friends/golfing buddies with a lot of the judges at that courthouse.

I just feel so defeated. But my fiance keeps saying "what can they really throw at us? It's not like we're asking for very much." True... but still. I'd like to be a little more prepared than going in blindly!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X