This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For FL:

When we put it to the judge at the case conference he suggested that I would probably pay some portional amount for my son, with the bio dad paying another portion. He suggested I think a 1/3 me, 2/3 him split. Ultimately, this is really going to depend on the judge we get more than anything else.

He's my son and I love him, so I will abide by any ruling and pay up with a smile on my face, but it would be nice to get a little relief given the screwjob I'm expecting re: SS.

Comment

I went looking for cases that addressed the duration of the granting of SS, and the decisions seem to be at the descretion of the court on any particular day.

However, this case,
      CanLII - 2004 CanLII 5005 (ON S.C.)

has a nice additive of a clear explaination of the history behind awarding such. Scroll down to 5.1: GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF SPOUSAL SUPPORT

I like it because it sites so many case histories on each determining factor for decision making. This is worth a read.

FL

Comment

The motion has been delayed AGAIN. The bio dad wants a paternity test now, so they are putting everything off by another week at least to sort some stuff out. We'll probably have our stuff sorted out somewhat separately now, but it allows us more time to prepare.

It's a credit to the people on this board when my lawyer comes at me with info or plans that I've already gotten from members here. She was talking today about the conflicting case law and the need for us to come to the motion with an offer in hand. It was very deja vu

As a funny side note: the bio dad was claiming that he had little contact with the ex over the years when we know that to be untrue. In an effort to counter this, she sent me an email asking if I had copies of the emails and IM discussions she had with him that I discovered when she used my computer! I'm not even responding to the request. Considering they show that she was actively pursuing a relationship with the guy as far back as 2003 (we split in 2006), I'm not sure she'd want that in open court anyhow lol.

Comment

Originally posted by About_Time View Post
          As a funny side note: the bio dad was claiming that he had little contact with the ex over the years when we know that to be untrue. In an effort to counter this, she sent me an email asking if I had copies of the emails and IM discussions she had with him that I discovered when she used my computer! I'm not even responding to the request. Considering they show that she was actively pursuing a relationship with the guy as far back as 2003 (we split in 2006), I'm not sure she'd want that in open court anyhow lol.
          Keep them on the back burner.
          If she/he attempts to push the no prior contact between, then you can clearly demonstrate otherwise without uttering a single word.
          The best way to show something in court is to use the claiming person's own words.

Best of luck!

FL

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X