This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would you move?

I know a lot of you on here have lived in many different places on the globe. I know a lot of you have been lucky enough to explore Canada. There are many wonderful places to live in our great Country. I'm just curious to know, if you could live anywhere in Canada, where would you live and why?

I'd stay in Ontario. I think I'd go up into the Kapuskasing area, or maybe even venture over to the Matachewan area.

I think the landscapes and area toward Kapuskasing is just beautiful, as I have been there before. As for the Matachewan area, although I have never been there, it seems like a wonderful, quaint, slower paced area. I love how both areas have so much natural forestry, lots of wildlife (ok bears are scary!), and many, many places to explore in nature.

What about you?

I've always wanted to live in Alberta. I fell in love with it the first time I was there. Unfortunately, it's not practical for those of us with sea legs. If it wasn't for my job I'd probably be in Alberta somewhere.

I grew up in the Sault, so I also love Northern Ontario. If I could live there I'd probably choose St. Joe's Island.

Comment

teezy what are sea legs?

I just heard of St. Joseph's Ontario tonight lol. It was on the weather network online. There was a picture of some deer in someone's backyard.

I love dreaming about where I'd move if I had such freedom, you know, never have to worry about work, education and what not.

I want to be near the water. I love quietly fishing (ok, with my brood it's never quiet, there are just too many of us!) alas, the dream is there!!

Comment

Originally posted by slughead10 View Post
        shore of lake superior between sault and montreal river........
        I'm going to have to look up where Montreal River is. I love looking at different areas.

Comment

i have a camp <cotage> at a place called chipewa falls. if you want to look it up look at the site of the wreck of the edmund fitzgerald. some of the nicest scenery in canada in my opinion. lots of good fishing and hunting. thousands of km of hiking and atv trails.
          I just took some time to look through that whole area up there. You are right, it looks beautiful!
          I think I am going to have to make a point of venturing through there one day. I would imagine fishing up there would entail pike, bass and trout? When does the season start up there, do you know?
          I could not find a cottage rental place or an rv/camper park in the area. Do you know where one might be?

Comment

Fiji. That's where I'd like to live Because it's beautiful and warm. If we're talking Canada, I'd say West Coast. AB or BC ... For the scenery/mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
              Fiji. That's where I'd like to live Because it's beautiful and warm. If we're talking Canada, I'd say West Coast. AB or BC ... For the scenery/mountains.
              I've never been east or west to the extremes, but I'd like to get there one day as I would love to see the ocean.

Comment

there is a provencial park in pancake bay. as for fishing and hunting depends on if your an indian or not.... as for the fish everything you have stated and including perch whitefish pickerel and you might even find a muskie if you try hard enough...if your the out doors type remote camps can be had for a song....just you need the gear to get there......but plenty of inland lakes to fish on your trip in.
                No, I'm not Indian.
                I've done the remote camping before. We had to even use a boat
                I'm not sure if I'd do it that way now though, just because of the youngest children at the moment. My oldest have done that style with me though. Only complaint were the 'baths' lol.
                I have never fished for pickerel or whitefish before, so that would be fun.
                I'm off to go look up the provincial park in the area now.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
                  Well, Turks and Caicos islands are trying to become part of Canada. We can hope it works out!

Comment

Originally posted by madm82 View Post
                    teezy what are sea legs?

I just heard of St. Joseph's Ontario tonight lol. It was on the weather network online. There was a picture of some deer in someone's backyard.

I love dreaming about where I'd move if I had such freedom, you know, never have to worry about work, education and what not.

I want to be near the water. I love quietly fishing (ok, with my brood it's never quiet, there are just too many of us!) alas, the dream is there!!
                    Sea legs refer to a person who sails for a living

St. Joe's Island is wonderful! It's so pretty, and quiet.

Comment

i have a camp <cotage> at a place called chipewa falls. if you want to look it up look at the site of the wreck of the edmund fitzgerald. some of the nicest scenery in canada in my opinion. lots of good fishing and hunting. thousands of km of hiking and atv trails.
                      No way!! My family's cottage is on Whispering Pines Road. My parents used to own The Windsurfer when I was a kid, before it became Voyageur's Lodge and Cookhouse (I don't know what it is now or if it's even still around).

Small world.

Comment

I'd like to live:

1. Okanagan Valley, for the mountains plus lake.
                        2. Ottawa, for urban and good access to rural living.
                        3. Yellowknife, I was thinking about doing a three year stint up north one day.

Send me back to Lindau, Germany any time though .... mountains, a beautiful lake, great towns and access to the best beer in the world. Just sayin'.

Comment

my favourite trip with the boys is to load up with light camping gear plenty of extra gass and head off on the ATVs lots of bears deer and the occasional moose. its finn being 250 k from the nearest road and as a bonus no one cares what kind of gun you bring..... i will also do the same trip with the girls but they dont ride as hard so we dont get as far back

not sure about what is open to fish and when i know ice fishing has started as the boys took off on the sleds with their gear earlier i will ask them when they get in...

the scenery is the best in my opinion and i have traveled the entire country...
                          You're very lucky to have traveled the country. I'd like to get through Ontario, the East Coast and definitely the territories one day! Those are my goals.
                          I'd like to try ice fishing as I have not been yet. All my children love to fish (ok, we don't know about my baby yet ) we just have to be careful. Next year maybe, when I can leave the baby with a sitter, I will try it.

You paint such a beautiful picture of that area up there that I will definitely be checking it out in the near future!

Comment

Originally posted by teezy View Post
                            Sea legs refer to a person who sails for a living

St. Joe's Island is wonderful! It's so pretty, and quiet.
                            Haha! The first thing that came to mind was a pirate! My son was pretending to be one last night before his bedtime

I google mapped that island and surrounding area. It's under an hour away from Sault Ste. Marie, so there is a fair size city close by. The island and mainland surrounding look so awesome! With the city so close by, it looks like a place I would move too- which surprises me.

I love, love, love the water, but I know I wouldn't have to worry about sea legs personally. My hubby and oldest son on the other hand, may be a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by baldclub View Post
                              I'd like to live:

1. Okanagan Valley, for the mountains plus lake.
                              2. Ottawa, for urban and good access to rural living.
                              3. Yellowknife, I was thinking about doing a three year stint up north one day.

Send me back to Lindau, Germany any time though .... mountains, a beautiful lake, great towns and access to the best beer in the world. Just sayin'.
                              I was in Ottawa not too long ago. I enjoyed my visit there immensely. Maybe it was all that delicious, albeit expensive food!
                              I have never (and probably never will) gone overseas. I do have family across the ocean (a sibling) but I'm scared to fly, so I'm going to stay rooted But, if I would, I dream of going to Ireland to go drink in an old Irish pub (even though I don't even drink anymore!). I dream of going to Africa, to tour the Savannah. To Australia for more reasons than I can count. Oh the places I would go....

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X