Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperately need help! My Separated ex has not signed agreement in past 2 years

We were separated since Aug 2007 when our kid was 4. We have an interim agreement saying that I pay her $1900 per month(CS+SS+ES) before legal agreement take effect. The interim agreement also said my ex has custody and I have access every other week.

On Apr 2008, my ex moved in with a man whose annual income is 100K, and they live together for over 1.5 years now.

I paid the amount said in our interim agreement till last month(Oct 2009) since our separation. But she did not agree to come to any legal agreement with me in past two years. I asked her many times to sit down and talk. She always said that once she got the money for that month, she would talk to me. But that never happened. I can not see any hope that she wants to sit down with me and talk about our agreement in future either.

This month, November, I paid only child support. And I called her again to talk about agreement. She threatened me that she would not sit and talk with me, she will just go to court. She said I need to pay the $1900 per month to her because that was in our interim agreement.

I don't want to go to court because that will involve lots of money giving to lawyer.

I don't think $1900/month make sense anymore because what she did was totally take advantage from both said(me and her current boyfriend). And child went to school now, which is no charge if it is public school.

What shall I do! Please help!

You're only leverage is what you're doing. It's too bad that it takes you suspending the spousal support to get her attention, but it seems you have tried to be reasonable and she has refused to listen for over a year and a half.

Comment

Same type of situation. We filed form 8 in court, are self-representing. Went to case conference and judge agreed that my husband was paying too much in combined spousal and child support. Scheduled a settlement conference too. Her lawyer called today and agreed to the amounts my husband was offering. Its your only option if she won't negotiate or mediate an agreement that is fair. It was our only option since his ex would not budge on anything.

Comment

Thanks, so it is ok to do this to draw her attention?

Originally posted by dadtotheend View Post
        You're only leverage is what you're doing. It's too bad that it takes you suspending the spousal support to get her attention, but it seems you have tried to be reasonable and she has refused to listen for over a year and a half.

Comment

Thanks First Timer! So you didnt hire a lawyer, right? Can you share more information on this? Before the agreement is settled, is it ok to stop every payment, right? thanks a lot...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X