Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 09-23-2021, 09:48 AM

greentrees is on a distinguished road
Default Divorced Sask. parents fight in court over COVID-19 vaccination for teen daughter

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...tion-1.6180214

Interesting new rulings coming out of Sask.
Old 09-23-2021, 10:06 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

This is not going to end well for the mother. She is not demonstrating good judgement as a parent.
Old 09-23-2021, 10:21 AM

Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

Don't mean to sound crude, but at times I wish meddling grandparents would take a backseat. Love your grandkids, but let the parents parent.
Old 09-23-2021, 11:02 AM

Stillbreathing will become famous soon enough

I find it fascinating and scary at the same time that the mother managed to find two professionally incompetent and currently practising medical doctors to back up her position. I find it reassuring that the judge was able to conclude that both physicians exhibited poor judgement and flawed reasoning!

Last edited by Stillbreathing; 09-23-2021 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-23-2021, 02:22 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brampton33 View Post
Don't mean to sound crude, but at times I wish meddling grandparents would take a backseat. Love your grandkids, but let the parents parent.
Grandparents are often asked to leave the court room by some good judges. It is funny to see their reactions when this happens.

Some judges actually start with a question to the room asking who is related to the parties and then people lift their hands and asks them all to leave. LOL.
Old 09-23-2021, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillbreathing View Post
I find it fascinating and scary at the same time that the mother managed to find two professionally incompetent and currently practising medical doctors to back up her position. I find it reassuring that the judge was able to conclude that both physicians exhibited poor judgement and flawed reasoning!
Actually, it is easy to find horrible "professionals" to try and be "expert witnesses". Lots of shady people will take your money. Clearly this mother has money to burn and doesn't realize... she is about to be burnt.

Just look at some of the things that the "lawyer" attempted outlined in the article. :O
Old 09-23-2021, 03:20 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

I have to post this case too as a friend had told me about this guy and how he was harassing people in facebook groups. Believed the pandemic was a hoax, would target businesses and video his refusals to follow guidelines etc. Then he lost his access that was supervised by his mother.

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/do...&resultIndex=6

Judges arent having any of the hoax talk!
Old 09-28-2021, 11:19 PM

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

While I have been vaccinated and my child was vaccinated and I don't agree with the mothers position as presented I agree with her overall concern for her daughter. but it would be easier to fight this for a boy.

My doctor told me 2 things that were untrue about vaccine side effects and they are well regarded. His numbers didnt add up on risk reward....when I put his numbers together more boys ended up in the hospital from the vaccine than COVID.

Healthy young kids are very impervious to covid hospitalization but is a judge going to tell the govt they are wrong?
Old 09-29-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkHouses View Post
Healthy young kids are very impervious to covid hospitalization but is a judge going to tell the govt they are wrong?
Not going to touch the armchair statistical analytics stuff but, will confirm that a Judge will NOT set precedent over a government mandate generally. Judges will not order something that goes against the best interests of the public and create a political nightmare generally.

Judges are government employees. :O